Vice Presidents

JD Vance and Tim Walz took the stage for the 2024 vice presidential debate, showcasing their unique journeys and perspectives.

JD Vance, born in 1984 in Ohio, overcame a challenging upbringing to become a bestselling author and graduate from Yale Law School. His book, Hillbilly Elegy, highlighted the struggles of many Americans, making his story relatable and inspiring.

Tim Walz, born in 1964 in Nebraska, dedicated his life to public service as a teacher and U.S. Representative. He focused on education and healthcare, emphasizing the power of community and collective action.

During the debate, Vance spoke passionately about creating opportunities for all, saying, “I know what it’s like to struggle.” Walz countered with a call for unity: “We need to come together to tackle these challenges.”

As they addressed tough questions, some viewers questioned whether either candidate could truly understand ordinary Americans' struggles. Yet both demonstrated a genuine desire to make a difference, leaving the audience to wonder: could they effectively translate their experiences into meaningful change?

What vice president do you think is better? 

Who do you Think has struggled more in their previous life? 

What vice president do you think won the debate?

https://www.vance.senate.gov/ 

https://mn.gov/governor/about-gov/timwalz/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would agree with this although i Think that number could even be higher since he served in the army also so he saw how other pepole survieved there also 

• I think they're both frauds but Tim Walz was in the army for 20 years so that was probably pretty hard. I think the debate was really respectful on both sides and a lot of good points were made so I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

• I think that JD Vance would be a better choice. Vance knows everything that people are going through and how tough it is to be going through what they are going trhough compared to others.

• I agree although I feel like dosent know everything we are going theough.

• I think JD Vance won the debate, Vance knows what its like to struggle more than some people. I feel that it would be better for this country if we had a vice president the understands U.S. citizens problems.

• I think that JD Vance would be the better vice president because he is planning to help on all the major issues in our country right now. From an early age he has improved our country for example serving in the military which is why he probably struggled more. Also, JD Vance won this debate and caught his opponent off guard and was very confident in his answers.

• I think JD vance would be the better vice president in this scenario because he is serious about all the issues happening in the world right now. He also understands what people are going through and would be able to help people throught their problems. Tim Walz is good but I just don't believe he has more knowledge in speaking. 

• I agree I fell like jd vance would be better speaker also but his job foucosed more on that also.

• I think JD Vance would be the better vice president. He brings up and talks about serious important issues in the economy, familiy stability, and national security. Also I think that JD Vance won the debate because of his ability to speak out because he is a public speaker. Tim Walz doesn't have much experience in the speaking part like Vance, showing signs of being nervous which is normal. Overall JD Vance won and in my opinion would be a better vice president. 

• I think JD Vance would be a better Vice President because he understands the problems and struggles. I don't know who would have struggled more in previous lives because they both probably had struggled. I think JD Vance won the debate since he wa very confident with his answers and he did a lot better during the arguments.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker