Should vaccines be mandatory?

Vaccines have been around for a long time. The first vaccine was invented in 1796 to combat smallpox. Since then, many other vaccines have been developed. In 1855, Massachusetts became the first state to require vaccination before enrolling in school. Since then, many other states have created similar laws, especially for children attending school. Today, all states mandate immunizations for children to enroll in public school. However, some families are against this requirement.

There are various reasons why some people are against vaccination. The most common reason is religious beliefs, which can lead the government to give exceptions. Others refuse vaccines due to personal or philosophical reasons, such as believing that natural immunity is preferable or being concerned about putting chemicals into their children’s bodies. Safety concerns also contribute to vaccine hesitancy. Some people are influenced by media or social media reports about potential side effects, leading them to believe that vaccines may do more harm than good.

On the other side, many people believe vaccines should be mandatory. Vaccines play arn essential role in public health by not only preventing illness in individuals but also stopping the spread of viruses and avoiding epidemics. They are one of the most important advancements in health, and without them, significant health crises could have happened. This is why many support making vaccination mandatory.

In my opinion, vaccines are essential for maintaining good health, but I don’t think they should be mandatory. People should have the freedom to choose what they put into their bodies. However, vaccines should be strongly recommended, and those opposed to them should have access to educational courses about vaccines to make informed decisions about their children’s health.

Do you think vaccines should be mandatory?

Do you think vaccines are important?

Do you think children should be vaccinated before attending school?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9009899/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/history-disease-outbreaks-vaccine-timeline/requirements-research

https://leadingage.org/workforce-vaccine-mandates-state-who-who-isnt-and-how/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4869767/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I dont think vaccines should be mandetory because their are lots of alergiees and lots of side effects in them, also even though people want to protect their familys it dosent give them the right to mandate vaccines for other because it their choice to get them.

• I think we should have mandatory vaccines because people could have serious illnesses that could spread to other people. Like the Flu shot, people should always take the Flu shot because it would help stop it from spreading to others. I also think that they are important because if people take vaccines that could help them and have good benefits why wouldn't you take it. 

• Vaccines shouldnt' be mandatory. It's the opposite of a choice, If people don't want to get vaccines, so let them do it. If people don't want to healthy then why make them take a drug that they don't know about? I mean what if the vaccine was something the media just put a label on ? Although that could be the case with a lot of vaccines, some people have different views on it. Why worry about what other people are doing when you have the vaccine? zero worries, if the vaccine is effective

• I agree that everyone should have a choice but if they don't get vaccinated that could affect you because it could mean that the virus would spread. If their reason for not getting vaccinated is not knowing about it then I think they should get more information about it and then decide if they should take it or not.

• It's much safer for your immune system to learn this through vaccination than by catching the diseases and treating them. Once your immune system knows how to fight a disease, it can often give you life long protection. There are many reasons to vaccinate your child including this being the best way to help your children avoid getting sick from serious diseases.the 

• I agree with you, I think that vaccines are crucial because as you said they make your immune system learn how to fight the virus. Which is why it is very important because then when you get the virus you're prepared.

• I think vaccines should not be made mandatory. Many people have diffrent point of views on the vaccines. One example is there is people out there who think people who have got the vaccine will become zombies. I personally find that ridiculous, but I do not wish to get every vaccine. I have gotten two vacicnes and have had zerp issues with covid. So I feel vaccines are important in some way.

• In my opinion, vaccines are definetely important because they help you when you get the virus and they also stop the virus from spreading. An example of that is Covid, once the vaccine was invented the pandemy slowly stopped. The people that think that if you get a vaccine you will become a zombie should definetely try to learn more about vaccines. 

• I dont think the goverment should mantate vacince because it is your choice. I think some of them are important but I also think that you dont need some of them to surive. No I think they shouldn't because there parents should be able to choose for there children. 

• It can be true that some are not essential to survive but they still help with the spreading of the virus and even if it isn't a very dangerous virus if someone with a weak immune system gets it they could end up dying. So I think that children should get all the vaccines that the government recommends.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker