Should Baseball Players be Steroid Tested?

The issue of whether baseball players should be steroid tested is a hotly debated topic that touches on fairness, health, and the sport’s integrity. Steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs can give players a significant edge in strength, speed, and recovery. This raises serious ethical questions about competition. Testing for steroids helps ensure that games are won based on natural talent and hard work, rather than on artificial enhancements. By enforcing strict testing policies, baseball can maintain a level playing field and uphold its reputation in the eyes of fans.

Health concerns are another crucial part of this discussion. Many athletes might feel pressured to use steroids to improve their performance, but the health risks associated with these substances are dangerous. Steroid use has been linked to various serious health issues, including hormonal imbalances, liver damage, and increased risks of heart disease. By using extremely accurate testing, Major League Baseball not only protects its players but also promotes a culture of health and safety. This approach reflects a commitment to the well-being of the athletes, showing that the league values long-term health over short-term gains.

Finally, enforcing steroid testing can enhance the overall integrity of baseball. The sport has faced significant challenges due to past scandals involving steroid use, which have damaged its credibility. By actively testing players and enforcing consequences for those who fail, MLB can show that it takes fairness seriously. This transparency fosters a deeper connection between players and fans, who expect athletes to compete on equal terms. In the end, regular steroid testing is vital for safeguarding both the health of players and the integrity of baseball as a beloved American tradition.

Do you think they should be tested for steroids?

Do you think steroids are a bad thing?

Do you think some of the players that used steroids such as, barry bonds, or sammy sosa, would have been as good without them?

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33238595/major-league-baseball-stops-testing-players-steroids-nearly-20-years-report-says

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_baseball

baseball-reference.com/blog/steroids-in-sports.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice Jacob! This comes across as ai written. I checked it with two websites that check for ai written papers and both said this was mostly ai written. Be sure to make this your own by including your personal thoughts and opionions within your writing. Another issue is that you didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 30 points. Your post was also posted a day late.

• I think they should be tested if they have a reason to. It could be unfair to other players and teams if someone or multiple players are on steroids. If you want the affect they give then you should have to work for that. Yes, I think that baseball players should be tested for steroids.

• I don't think so because there are still many variables that play an effect like how good the picture is and how good they can make contact with the ball. I think steroids are a bad thing because they are enhancing drugs that make players better. They still would of been goo but not as good because they still can make contact with the ball.

• i believe that players of all sports should be tested for steriods. i also believe that steriods are never the answer because they destroy your body in the end but i will say if they legalized them then the people who don't want to do steriods would probably fall behind.

• i think they should because it can help their performace and also prevent unfairness or having a better performance from the other team, I also think it would be better for your body not to be taking them because it can lead to other things later on in life.

• I think baseball players should be steroid tested because it affects how you perform, and it’s basically a way of cheating if you use them. Also, they should be forced to stop using them before they are able to play. The long term use of steroids can slow your body down a lot and you will have to rely on them to be able to function.

• In my personal opinion I think that they should be tested for steroids because they can inprovie your game play sush as making you faster and stronger and that baseically cheating and plus staroids are not good for you at all and no one should take them.

• I think steriods should be tested because they are not always a good thing. I think steriods are a bad thing because it is not fair for some players to use them and some don't. Another reason why I think they are bad is because if you take to much of steriods it might not make you feel the greatest.

• Do you think steroids are a bad thing? I do belive that steroids are a bad thing. This is because as the years go on with continuous steroid use, your body can start to develop huge problems. Such as heart disease, tumors on your liver, and can even cause your kidneys to fail. 

• I think that baseball players should be tested for steroids. It would be an unfair advatage to other baseball players. Personally, I think that steroids are bad for your body because they can have negative side affects. If steroids are abused, they could also become addictive.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker