The most recent hurricane to hit Florida had around 120 mph winds and 13-15 feet of storm surge around Tampa but it wasn't really that bad of a storm, Milton was only a category 3 when it made landfall.  The death count so far is only at 16 and over 3.1 million are without power.

Hurricane Milton cant compare to some other hurricanes we have had where the amount of fatalities was over 100 and the winds were upwards of 200. Milton was a category 1 by the time it got across Florida's peninsula. Milton had about 2 inches of rain, the storm didn't do most of the damage it was the storm surge.

Milton's death total is still rising and streets are still flooded and power is still out but Milton has made it 150 miles from Florida and has almost completely disappeared.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am gald that milton passed through so more things don't get wrecked and broken and mpre people don't get killed

• I think hurricane milton could of been a lot worse that what it was, it didn't cause as much damage that the weather reporters were expecting, which im glad for. Althought 3.1 million people are without power that isn't as bad as recent hurricanes that have hit that area and only 16 deaths really isn't that bad considering they were expecting more than 500

• I am glad that Milton hasn't been that damaging because everyone was expecting it to be very harmful and to cause a lot of deaths. It was still very sad and there has been some deaths and hurted people and a lot of damage to the houses.

• I think Milton could have definitely taken a turn for the worse. I am glad that it didn't cause more damage than it could have. There are already so many without power and missing, and there is so much debris that needs to be cleaned up. While it wasn't as bad as it could have been, it definitely was still bad.

• Hurricane Milton could've been a lot worse but thankfully was not. Most people were predicting this storm to hit Tampa really hard killing a lot of people. Just because it had only killed 16 people doesn't mean it can't be big. The storm surge does most of the damage, and if that water can rise to 13-15 feet than people could drown, their houses will flood, maybe they don't have food and water. This proves that it is more devastating than a really big storm. 

• I agree with this because even if 16 people died doesn't mean it wasn't big. Becuase people knew that the storm would be deadly so people obviously evacuated to be safe. For the 16 people that did die probaly dind't evacuated, but it still sad that 16 people did die durning the storm. 

• I think this hurricane was a big and destructive strom. It still caused six-teen deaths which would be alot for our town. And 3.1 million without power seems pretty big to me also, It is terrifying knowing that this storm took 150 MILES of buildings and homes and completely destroy them.

• i think that milton is definitely one of the most detructive storms that have hit florida and what scares me is the amount of people who stayed because some people have been through this before and are experience but most people are ameratures who don't know what there doing.

• I agree, but I think a lot of people stayed because they where told it was supposed to be a low category huricane.

• No matter if it was a big storm or not, I think the most important thing is how destructive the storm was. In the end, I think it was a big storm and very destructive.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker