Girl Found Dead in Hotel Freezer

Surveillance video may shed light on the mysterious death of a young Chicago woman whose body was found in a hotel freezer last week.  The case sparked accusations of foul play on social media. Police in Rosemont, Illinois said Kenneka Jenkins, 19, was last seen early Saturday, September 9, at a party at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel. Her family reported her missing later that day, and Jenkins' body was found in the walk-in freezer at the hotel shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday. The results of an autopsy by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office are pending. Surveillance video from inside the Crowne Plaza shows Jenkins staggering through the hotel's hallways early Saturday. In the footage, Jenkins is first seen walking through the hotel with several unidentified people around 1:13 a.m. on that Saturday. She appears to be steady. Two hours later, Jenkins is alone and visibly impaired, and staggers out of the elevator, briefly leaning on the wall for support before heading down the hallway. The last clip shows Jenkins stumbling through the hotel kitchen, which appears to be empty. She walks out of view of the cameras at 3:32 a.m., the last time she was seen before her body was found in the hotel's walk-in freezer. Jenkin's friends said they left Jenkins in the lobby while they went upstairs to grab something. When they returned, she was gone. They said she had "one cup, but that one cup was too much for her". How she ended up in the freezer is unknown. 

To read more, click here.

Questions:

1. What do you think happened to Kenneka Jenkins? 

2.  If you were with Jenkins just a few hours before her death, how  would you feel now?

3.  How is this accident going to affect the hotel business?

Its hard telling what or whom made Kenneka go into the freezer. I think something happened during the party, and her friends wanted to hide the evidence. She could have been bribed into the freezer. I know freezer doors are heavy, so I don't think she could have gotten it open by herself. But intoxication, does crazy things to the mind and body. If I was with Jenkins, I would want the truth to be told. I would feel really bad if she had died because of intoxication. I think this accident will slow business down a little, however, this hotel is in a big city, so business will pick back up. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that she might have drank too much or that somebody might have slipped something in her drink that made her pass out or have crazy thoughts or something like that. I would feel as if it was my fault that she died in a freezer because if I was with her I would feel it was my responsibility to make sure she got back to her room safely and obviously someone didn't do that. I'm not sure it will affect the hotel much because it probably wasn't their fault as much as it was her own fault. I know it shouldn't be entirely blamed on the girl but still the hotel shouldn't be responsible to look over every single person at that party because that would be impossible. 

• I agree with you. The hotel shouldn't be blamed and neither should the girl. She was partying with friends and, unfortunately, something bad happened. It was unpredictable. I think that the hotel should have better security cameras that point everywhere. I also agree that the friends should have taken better care of her. Thanks for the comment!

• I think that she may have been under the influence and just stumbled into the freezer. If I was with her before this happened, I would feel guilty because she shouldn't have been left alone. The hotel business is going to be affected negatively and lose lots of profits because there is a known death in the hotel and people will be scared from it.

• It's hard telling what happened. Clearly I think someone did kill her but I don't know how or why. I would feel terrible, and I would feel like I should've stayed right by her side. Well, if I heard they found a dead body in a hotel that I am thinking about staying at I would be a little scared that it isn't that safe there, and so I think their business is gonna have a huge money loss.

• I think Kenneka was under the influence so she probably just walked in there and didn't realize it or dragged into the freezer. I was one of her friends, I would feel guilty. I would want the truth to come out and if someone did something to her they should get caught.  I feel like this accident will slow the hotel business down since there was a death in the hotel, but I think the business will start going back to normal in no time. 

• I agree. It stinks because nobody has any proof that someone did something to her. I would want to tell the truth if anything did happen. The hotel will slightly be affected but I think they will insert better security cameras now and business will return. Thanks for the comment!

• She may of fell into the freezer getting knock out or passing out and froze or people thrown her in there.

I should of stayed with her while she was alone.

People might think there is more weird stuff going to happen or something in the freezer again

• I think Kenneka was obviously under the influence so it could be that she just walked in on her own and died in the freezer, but I also feel like someone messed with her drink because I find it very unlikely that someone could be that drunk that they died in a freezer. I would definitely feel guilty especially because they shouldn't of left her alone. It would make it harder get business.  

• Yes. I agree with you. I feel like her friends messed with her drink because one drink shouldn't harm someone that much. I think her friends know something that they aren't saying. Thanks for the comment!

• I don't know what the punish should be for this, if she was intoxicated then one drink couldn't have been. I would feel bad because I could have done something to prevent this from happening. I'm not sure how the hotel with take from this because it happened at the hotel, the hotel didn't have a lot to do with her actions. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker