Do we need Border Security in the US?

Every country around the world has a border. The US decided to get a border so it can help protect us and prevent other people from coming into our country. Our Border Patrol was confirmed on May 28, 1924. Our border is located 6,000 miles from Canada and Mexico and 2,000 miles from coastal water surroundings. This makes it harder for people to get into our country since the border is so long.

There are many people around the border making sure there aren't any intruders coming in. The main introducers we want to keep out are terrorists and other people from other countries. Ever since 1924 our borders have changed so much. One of the times it changed was after 9/11. Now people are very strict and there is a lot of security so they can look for weapons or any gadgets that they might have on them.  

In my opinion I think we should have Border Security because I feel like it will help people in our country to feel safe. We won’t have to worry about as many terrorists or other people from other countries crossing our border. By keeping people out of our country illegally, it will help decrease costs of healthcare and education systems.

Do you think we should keep continuing to have our border?

Do you think the border is beneficial?

Do you think our border is getting stronger or weaker as the years go by? 

Sources

https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/along-us-borders

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z2hptrd#zkhptrd

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with what you said about the border is benifical. I think the border is more stronger now but I can see why you said the border was a lot stronger 4 years ago then now.

• Yess we should get a better border system other wise or tax money and it is not safe to have them ove . they can also take desises over. its stops lots of crime and bad people from intering the united states it als ostops alot of murder 

• I agree with everything you said.

• Yes I think we should continue to have a border, it would benitfit us in many different ways from keeping our econemy seperated so we dont have as many fights, protest. I think the border is very benifical in the reason I listed. I think the borerd is getting stronger and weaker from not many secerity measures to keep the right people in and the wrong people out. I defentily think we need to aimp up your measures around the border. 

• Yes we should have our border it is a crushal part to our scuirty in the united states. Yes the border is beneficial its stops lots of crime and bad people from intering the united states. I feel like the boarder was a lot stronger under Trump and Kamala who was in charge of it has just let it open and thoushands of rapest and murders have entered our country

• I agree with what you said about how the border is benifical. I feel like the border is stronger now but I can see why you said it was a lot stronger 4 years ago.

• The border is beneficial. We need to know who gets into the country and for what reasons to prevent terrorists from entering so it is important to have security so the border is controled and we know who gets in and who gets out.

• I do believe we should have border control, but I don't think it's that serious. To the point of lives being lost just because they are trying for a new world is horrible. I think the wall was a bit much and the amount of people getting caught in traps in the ocean. Not only do people die in water, but going near the border could get you raped or killed. I think border patrol has gotten ahead of themselves. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker