Diana - Princess of Wales Conspiracy Theory

Princess Diana married into the Royal Family of the United Kingdom in 1981, to King Charles lll. She was loved and adored by many in the country. She was also known for being involved with activities that the royal family was forbidden to do. On August 31, 1997, Princess Diana died after her driver, Henri Paul, crashed into the 13th pillar in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel in Paris. 

One theory is that this was a total accident, that it was a total coincidence that she was at that place, at that time, and had that outcome. They believe that the car she was in was also being followed by paparazzi so that was also a reason for the crash. Also being that her driver Henri Paul, was really under the influence of alcohol because his BAC (blood alcohol content) was over three times the legal limit to operate a car. 

Another theory for her death was the royal family. As stated before, Diana would break many rules in the royal family. This included being the first royal family member to shake hands with an AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) patient, she wouldn’t agree to obey everything Prince Charles said, and removed the word obey from her wedding vows. Another possible reason was that when Charles and Diana got divorced, Charles was still upset about it so he had her killed. Then Chalres and Hendi Paul went to the bars, Charles got him drunk, then he drove Diana and crashed. 

My personal opinion is that the reason she died was because of the royal family. I know that the royal family has top of the line security and safety measures. Also that Diana had a boyfriend, Dodi Fayed, who Diana said was “Mr. Wonderful” and considered him the love of her life. Which might have upset Charles so he would want her dead. 

Do you believe Charles would have wanted Diana dead?

What do you think happened to Princess Diana?

https://people.com/prince-charles-princess-diana-relationship-timeline-5894506#:~:text=In%20his%201994%20biography%2C%20 Charles,at%20the%20Queen's%20Balmoral%20Castle.

https://www.royal.uk/diana-princess-wales

https://people.com/princess-diana-dodi-fayed-relationship-timeline-8386191

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2023/11/24/the-crown-diana-death-paparazzi-driver/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/politics97/diana/driver.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and very well done Kenli!

• I think she just crashed on accident because someone would not put their life just to go and kill someone of that power especially if he had so much power. I also think that the paparazzi had something to do with it because you also wouldn't just dive into a pole without a limiting factor.

• What do you think happened to princess Diana? I believe that the drunk driver killed her. I don't think that it was on purpose but rather an accident. I choose to beleive that the royal family would go as far as to kill her. Although Charles may have been upset I don't think he'd kill the love of his life 

• I do not think that prince (now king) Charles would have wanted Diana dead, seeing as they were married for some time. I truly believe it was a simple accident, caused by the flashing lights of the paparazzi, the dangerous driving of eager citizens, and perhaps the intoxication of Princess Diana's driver.

• I believe that Princess Dianas was just an accident caused by a drunk driver, it makes more sense in my opinion. It could possibly be both theories but I feel like it depends on what her ex husband really wanted to do to her. But i think the first theory is right. 

• I think the accident was likely caused by drunk driving, it makes more sense but in reality it could be any of these theiries, it could also be a complete accident but i agree more with the royal family planning it.

• I think it could have been because of the drunk driver, but it could really be any of these. I think you're on to something in saying charles got the driver drunk out of anger wanting her dead for being disrespectful to the royal family and their laws.

• The different theories on her death are very interesting, but I personally think that it wasn't planned. Since Princess Diana was very well known, they would probably study the case thoroughly and not want to miss any details. So I think that if someone were to plan her death, they would have been caught by now. 

• I think that Princess Dianas death was an accident. I get why it couldve been potencially been planned but as of now I think that it really was just a fatal car accident that lead to her death. I dont think the royal family killed her but someone may have done it on purpose. 

• I disagree with your comment because I am still very for the claim that the crash was set up. I do see your side of the claim because of the drivers blood alcohol content was very high but I still believe that Charles went drinking with the driver to get him drunk. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker