Church shooting results in one death and seven wounded.

September 24, 2017 on a Sunday morning police were called about a shooting outside The Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch Tennessee, where eight innocent people were shot by a man wearing a "neoprene mask"  or ski mask. There were seven wounded (including accidentally shooting himself) and one killed. All but one that was under the age of 60 years old. Police say the man had no relation to the congregation and is now being held heavily guarded in a hospital.

link:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/one-killed-eight-shot-church-shooting-tennessee-n804321

1.) What should the man responsible for the shootings punishment be? 

2.) What would you do to help support the church if this were to happen in your community?

I feel the man who did this should be life in prison for endangering the lives of lots of people and taking the life of someone who didn't deserve it. Also if something like this were to happen in my community I would do the best I could to try and comfort the families that are going through the tough time.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• 1. I think that he should definitely get prison time. He did murder so I think he should have a long sentence. I think he should get some mental help as well. 

2. I would just let them know of my support. I would also probably try to donate some money.

• The man responsible for shooting innocent people for no apparent reason should be put in prison for a long time. I understand that people can have mental health issues and are not always thinking clearly, but these people shouldn't have access to weapons that could harm other people or themselves. I think that people need to come together in that community, as well as other church families across the nation to become more aware of these type of shootings. Church shootings are not very common, so maybe congregations need to come up with a protocol like they do for schools. this is a very tragic incident, and families across the nation need to show support for those hurting families who suffered injuries, loss, or mental suffering. 

• Jail or death, he deserves to be punished greatly. I would try to help raise money.

• I think he should have life in prison for sure because he killed somebody and injured several more people. If this happened in our community I would probably start a donation drive for these familys that were hurt and lost a family member.

• I think that he should get life in prison without the option of parole. no one just kills people its an inhumane thing to do. If i was apart of this community I would definitely donate money to help the church.

• 1. I think it should be the death penalty because if you take a life i don't believe you deserve your own

2. I think anything to help these family's. If that's driving them around or just making food. 

• The man responsible for the shooting should have a lifetime in prison for this action. If this had happened in my community I would raise money and cook for the families and try to provide as much emotional support as possible.

• I don't know much about prison sentences so I'm not sure what would legally be fair punishment, but I think that this mans punishment should be like a long one. I would make food for the families, and just be there for them I guess. 

• The man responsible will definitely have life in prison for doing this act. If this happened on are community I truly believe we would all come together to raise money for the families and help them in any way as possible. 

• 1. I think that once he is able to be out of the hospital he should go to prison for killing and injuring innocent people

2. I would donate money to the church and to the people that were hurt in this shooting. 

This person is very stupid and had no reason to shoot innocent people; therefore, he should be put in jail.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker