Wrestling v.s Basketball

If you had to pick a winter sport what would it be? Wrestling or Basketball? One is a team sport and one is an individual sport with team points. 

Wrestling is a tough sport that involves lots of work and experience if you want to be good. It is the worlds oldest competitive sport traced back to 3,000 BC. Wrestling was added as an olympic sport in 708 BC. Basketball was invented by James Naismith in 1891 when he was at Springfield College. There are 14 weight classes in highschool wrestling. One  kid for each class on a varsity team. In basketball there are 20 players on a roster and only 5 get to play at a time.

In wrestling losing weight is not fun but it is better than not playing. I would much rather wrestle and become a better football player. On the other hand I could eat whatever I wanted still if I played basketball. I do not find basketball that fun so with or without food I would wrestle. The best part about wrestling is not wrestling. You build great relationships and get close with your team mates. Everyone is going through the workouts and suffering but we all get better. I played basketball for 6 years and have only wrestled for 3 years but I have gotten more individual growth from wrestling than basketball.

In conclusion, both are good sports but I would much rather wrestle than play basketball. There is no wear to hide in wrestling. Wrestling, in my opinion, is superior to basketball. You get so much more out of wrestling!

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything in life is easy.” - Dan Gable  

https://olymipics.com 

https://springfield.edu 

A Wrestler's Life- By Dan Gable, 2015

Would you rather Play basketball or wresltle??

Do you think you get more out of one or the other??

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would choose basketball because I have been playing for a while and don't understand much about wrestling. I don't understand how points are given or any of the rules. I would watch a basketball game over a wrestling match. 

• If I had to choose between the two, I would choose basketball because I have been playing it for a long time and understand it way more than wrestling. Wrestling is kind of interesting to watch when they are close matches.

• I personally would pick basketball as I have been playing for a while and do not know much about wrestiling. I do somewhat enjoy watching the sport of wrestiling but I would rather watch a basketball game. The whole sport of wrestiling kind of confuses me as I don't know much about the whole point system and the rules behind it. 

• If I had to choose between basketball and wrestling to watch I would choose basketball because I feel like there is more to watch. I personally do not play either one of these sports so I do not have much interest in them.

• I personally like to watch basketball because I find it more interesting. I think that both sports involve a different type of skills or athleticness. I think that since wrestlers have more to worry about outside of practice. They have to worry about cutting weight before the next meet.  

• I like basketball over wrestling because there is just more stuff going on. It's fun to watch because some of the players do cool dunks and cross people up. Wrestling is kind of boring to wacth. 

• I agree it is more fun to watch but you get so much more out of wreslting. 

• Personally they are both good sports to be involved in. I play basketball but used to wrestle. I enjoy watching wrestling here and there but would rather play basketball just because that is what i do and it entertains me.

• I prefer basketball way more because it is more interesting. The reason I don't like wrestling is that it takes forever I feel like it would be better if I was watching a certain person, but overall it just seems way more boring waiting and watching. 

• I hate watching wrestling and I personally think basketball is more interesting to watch. I am more into basketball then I would ever be into wrestling.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker