Would you spend $15,000 to shoot an animal?

Captive hunts, canned hunts and game ranching all different words that mean that same thing. They are a private hunting faciled that offers their customers “experience/opportunities” to kill exotic and native animals trapped within enclosures. If that wasn’t easy enough for the customers, they make it even more easier. The animals are hand raised and bottle feed which would make them lose their natural fear of humans. They are also fed at regular times to ensure they would come out during the “hunt”. 

People would pay thousands of dollars to get these “hunting” experiences, but it’s not even hunting though. It's literally just killing, there's no struggles including when it's fenced in. Only half the state allows this horrible practice. I think it should be banned for many reasons. 

First, It’s not even hunting, it's just killing. As I personally hunt, there are so many struggles. You have to be patient and go out multiple times before even seeing something you maybe will shoot at. When participating in these events you pick what animal you get to shoot at and guarantee to get one. Also the animals are a literary breed to be shot. It’s just so wrong to me in many ways. 

Should canned hunting be allowed?

Would you participate in canned hunting?

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/captive-hunts-fact-sheet

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• This was for extra credit. Interesting topic and one I didn't know about. Be sure to continue commenting throughout the week.

• I think that hunting should be a legal thing but canned hunting. I don't really know much about canned hunting but people think its right. It just doesn't sound like something that should be legal. Personally I think that canned hunting should be illegal.

•  I think that canned hunting shouldn't be allowed at all. These poor animals aren't allowed to live freely in their natural habitats, are raised by people who then sell them and make money, and then are killled simply because of how much "fun" people think this activity is. I would not participate in canned hunting. It seems very inhumane to me to support such a thing

• This is just easy mode hunting. They should honestly spice is up a bit in my personal opinion. For example, why not have a bear be in the enclosure as they hunt the exotic animals, and since none of them probably have any actual hunting experience it would be a way to enthrill the participants to work together and survive the bear. Killing exotic animals is pretty stupid to be honest, like why would you need to eliminate a random raccoon that can dunk on any NBA player you put him against? Seems pretty silly to me.

• I do not think that canned hunting should be allowed. This is the first time I've ever heard of it, but I think it sounds wrong. I think it should be illegal because it is wrong. I would never participate in this type of hunting. I haven't even participated in normal hunting.

• No I do not think canned hunting should be allowed because I think it is very inhumane. First off your killing innocent animals who are raised to like humans and its not even and shouldn't be considered hunting because they are in an enclosed facility so they are basically just killing animals. No, I would not participate in canned hunting. 

• Canned hunting shouldent be allowed because thats just easy because in normal hunting its for fun because there is a challange to kill the animal but canned hunting you just sit there until it comes to you and shoot it for what just to say that you killed an inocent and rare animal. 

No I would never participate in canned hunting.

• If I had enough money to go hunt an animal for an animal from a different country I would. I have never met anyone that has gotten to hunt a wildebeest. It would be pretty cool to be able to hunt an animal that a lot of people will never even see in their lifetime.

• I think if you have plenty of money and you love hunting go for it. Hunting is a sport with 2 sides either you love it or you hate it. I think that canned hunting isnt really hunting. It would make you feel alot better after killing the animal with a actual hunt rather than just sitting there and shooting it.

• No it shouldn't since these are endangered animals and shouldn't be hunted because they could be wiped out. It's also not real hunting since they are in a cage and can't run away, you are not hunting you are just killing. I wouldn't participate in this because of the reasons I stated earlier.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker