William's Ashes Scattereed

Actor Robin Williams' ashes were scattered into the San Francisco Bay. Comedian actor died in his home on August 11th, to what they believe was a suicidal hanging.  The investigation is still pending but authorities believe he hung himself by a belt from a bedroom door. He was then cremated and the ashes were spread the next day, August 12th. Williams had been seeking help as he had been having depression lately. He had been taking treatment for his depression in July because his wife had been noticing he had been battling depression. Not only was Williams battling depression, he was also in the early stages of Parkinson's disease. Robin was a great actor and was best known to make all of us laugh. He was in Night At The Museum, Happy Feet 1 and 2, Mrs. Doubtfire, RV, and Aladdin. Those are just a few of the main ones that he starred in. 

Because he was such a popular, well-loved actor, do you think it was necessary for Robin Williams to commit suicide? Why or why not?

Article

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think it wasn't, but none of use have had to battle with recovery from drugs. So it may have been the only thing for him or maybe not if it was a different scenerio.

• Good story and summary! Be sure to provide a link to the article. You replied twice which isn't as frequent as you should have.

• Well you never know what goes on in a person's personal life. They could seem to be perfectly happy but you never know if they really are. That could have been happening with him. He could of just not been able to take it anymore. It's never okay to commit suicide so I don't think it was necessary for him to commit suicide. He was under deep depression so maybe he thought it was the only answer but that's not okay.

• I don't think it's necessary for anybody to commit suicide. Robin Williams was well loved and I don't understand how an actor like himself could be suffering from depression. 

• Many of us may have not known what was going on in his life. Depression can cause people to do things they would often not have ever done. I think he should not have committed suicide. I don't think it was necessary for him to kill himself because he had so many fans, and people that loved seeing him as an actor but again we do not know exactly was going on his life. 

• Robin had depression which in some cases can be deadly and he had Parkinson disease. When you have depression you are always sad and sometimes feel like you have no reason to go on, and Robins had Parkinson disease which hurt muscles and certain trouble with the brain. I think it want necessary for him to commit suicide, but he thought it was from his point of view of his life. 

• I think that he should not have committed suicide. I think this because he brought joy to our lives. He also made both kids and adults laugh until they couldn't laugh anymore.

• Even if you are depressed and you feel like you don't want to live another day, suicide is never a thing you should commit. Sadly, people think about that when they are depressed. I don't think he did it for attention, but because he didn't want to feel like that anymore. He will be missed.

• Yes you have a very good point. No one should have to go through that much pain. You only live life so people should try to live it to the fullest. But sadly, they don't see the bright side of things and they think it's the only option for them.

• Nobody should ever have to feel like scuicide is the only answer. Yes, Robin Williams was a great actor and comedian, but depression can be a terrible thing

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker