Why is Instagram such a negative app?

Why is Instagram such a negitive app? Well its makes us all think externally of ourselves. For woman its more about how we think about our bodies, and whats the "perfect picture". For males, they like to post about thier money or what makes them most succsessful. It causes very harmful thought into our minds that we dont even realize. Other ways this is a bad app to use is the comments. If you had 20 postive comments, and only 1 negitive comment your more than likley to remember that one negitive comment. Or as others think, seeing the "perfect" person on their feed can make them inscure or uncomfortable about themselves.

When you post on Instagram, those pictures are out for the world to see. You can make your account private, but people like to see what others think of them. Lots of older men or woman use instagram to try and talk to younger aged people. They could pretend to be someone else, or make the victiam feel "cool" that someone older is interested. Some can be tricked by that or by just a basic scam. Scams can get all of your information off your account, or cause you to do things you dont want to do. Scams can also steal your identity by sending you a job offer and whatever else. Social media now is very high-tech and you can do anything on it nowdays. 

Instagram is also known to be bad for your mental health. It can cause eating disorders because the bodies you see are "perfect" and you'd want to be as "slim" or as 'thick' as them. Your mindset on Instagram is that you want people to see you as "perfect". But everyone has their own flaws that others dont see. Instagram can cause depression, apperance anxiety, lower self esteem, and much more that not everyone realizes. 

Overall, I think Instagram is a negitive app. It can control what you think and how you act. You want to "fit in" and be the "perfect" person which is a very bad mindset for anybody. 

1) Do you think Instagram is a negitive app?

2) Have you had any troubles on Instagram? 

3) If you have Instagram, why do you use it?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think it;s both because it all depends on who you follow and what shows up on your feed. I haven't had problems with Instagram and I use it just to see what my friends post.

• Yes, I think it can be, along with many other apps. I have Instagram, but because I never post and interact I don't really get that many bad things. The only reason I got Instagram was because someone recomended posting art on there, but I haven't posted stuff.

• Instagram is both a negative and positive app. I personally have never had an issue with the app but I know people who have. Although hate is spread on the app there is still people out there who are genuienly nice and positive. I think limiting your amount of time on the app and the people you interact with could be an easy solution to negative things being done on the app. 

• I think instagram can be a negative app, it really just depends on your feed. The only trouble I've had with Instagram would be getting hacked a couple of times. I think Instagram could really step up their safety and privacy information on the app. I use Instagram to post cute pictures of me and my friends. 

• I think that Instagram can be positive and negative at times. I think it depends on the person, when I am on Instagram I do not think of it as negative. I like to use Instagram because people post about their lives and cool pictures, it is nice seeing what other people are doing that you do not talk to and just follow on the app. 

• I think that Instagram is a negative app because it can cause people to feel self-concious and it is usually fake. People with any type of social media, not just Instagram, can compare themselves to unreasonable standards which can make them feel bad about themselves. 

• I beleive that most social media apps are not veyr healthy. Sure, there are some pros to them, such as you being able to connect with anyone world-wide, but there are also some pretty clear downsides to it also. Being open to say whatever you want, look at anything you want, or do anything you want on this app has made it seem like to much freedom can be a bad thing.

• I agree with you because there are pros to social media apps, but the negitive is more put out there.

• I do not think that Instagram is a negative app. I have had no problems with this app through my years of having it installed. I think that it has many uses aside from the social pathway. Personally, I use Instagram to learn how to do new things. I see a lot of musical, farming, and skill-based videos and posts that I try and learn and implement into my own life.  

• I agree and disagree with you, i think its also a good app to stay connected with friends and everything, but besides that there are negitives to you, some dont experience them but some do.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker