Why gas is increasing

In recent years the nations average gas price has hit a all time high. The gas price being so high had me wondering what effect the nation’s prices. So i found out that there are three main thing that affect the price. The cost of refining crude oil into gasoline, the distribution and marketing of gasoline, and finally the federal, state and local taxes. But the main reason that the gas skyrocketed in the last year, was because the supply of crude oil was extremely low, and the demand was very high. The rise in plane tickets was caused by the cost of petroleum rising.

Due to the gas price being so high, they can drive up the cost of shipping, electricity, transportation and agricultural. This is bad because 63% of families in america live paycheck to paycheck witch causes them to have a tight budget. I personally belive that gas is just another way for the government to make money. I think this because to make one gallon of gas it cost the company 40 cents on average. Last year (2021) there where 134.83 billion gallons of gas sold in america. If the gas company sold gas for 80 cent per gallon, that is still a 100 billion dollar year franchise. In my opinion i think that the price of gas could be sold cheaper, an for less of a profit, but at the same time i understand why gas could be expensive.

What do u think about the price of gas?

Do u think big oil companies could sell gas for cheaper?

Do u think oil compaines should have to sell gas at a certain price

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/personal-finance/how-to-save-money-on-gas/#:~:text=Why%20Are%20Gas%20Prices%20Still,gas%20prices%20upward%20this%20year.

https://www.aaronmchugh.com/what-goes-into-the-cost-of-a-gallon-of-gasoline/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice Jaxon! Your summary is pretty good but would like to see another paragraph. The big issues is that you only replied to one person. Coomenting is worth 30 points.

• I think that the price of gas is too high lately and should go down. Recetly the gas was below 3 dollars and very good, but now it is starting to rise a little agian and that isnt good. I think that there should be a set price on gas that doesn't change all that much or stays the same ratio with inflation.

• Coming from somone who pays desiel fuel, it gets to expensive and they wont let us run offroad desiel to fill up a tank from E its like 100 sum bucks they should let us run offroad desiel till prices drop.

• Gas prices have been going up and down a lot for the past few years. I hate the fact that gas prices are so high because I enjoy driving, and it costs a lot of money to drive cars. Plus, I would love to drive a truck, but these days, the gas would be way to expensive. 

• I don't like the price of gas because I have to drive 20mi to school every day and my pickup gets 10mpg. I think the oil companies need to sell their gas for cheaper so more people could drive and see their family or friends. I think the oil companies shouldn't have a set price they have to sell at, otherwise, they wouldn't make any money.

• There certainly are factors that could lead to the increased cost of gas, but not ones that justify the rate gas prices were raised (fortunately, they've gone down again.) Oil companies made record profit margins over the past year. While Americans were struggling to pay for transportation, oil companies were making more than ever before. The prices were grossly raised more than needed to maintain their average profit margin.

• I do think the gas price is at an altime  high when it shouldnt really be. I also think that it sucks for kids like me who get ~$150 a month to pay the majority of that for a few days worth of gas. Furthermore, oil companies should go back to selling gas at around 1-2 dollars per gallon max, especially if it costs them around $.80 to make a gallon!

• I agree with the same things but and I also understand why the prices could be so high and why they aren't going down as fast. Due to inflation and all and so I understand that they can't go down as fast as everyone would want them to be. 

• I think gas is increasing for those reasons that you listed, but those reasons are due to the fact that Joe Biden shut down the pipeline so the prices have to go up. His big idea is to get all of us to own electric cars. That isn't going to work because we can't produce enough electricity for that many electric cars.

• Gas is increasing because of Biden's economics he is just ruining our whole country even tho crude oil is going down gas is still going up he just wants everyone to go electric and that ain't going happen gas needs to go down. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker