White-Collar Jobs Or Blue-Collar Jobs?

White-Collar Jobs Or Blue-Collar Jobs?

Well, mostly that's a personal preference on what kind of environment you want to work in. If you want to be in an office all day long and sit at a desk then the white-collar job is best for you. If you like to work outside and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty then the blue-collar job is for you. 

White-collar workers are those who work in offices doing non-manual work. These jobs include medical professionals, accountants… and many more. White-collar workers are the ones that will probably be the blue-collar workers' bosses. 

Blue-collar workers are those who perform manual labor jobs. These jobs can be Mechanics, truck drivers, construction workers, and lots more. Blue-collar workers are employees of white-collar workers. They will get their hand dirty to get the job done. 

Personally, I don't want to be cooped up inside all day I would have a blue-collar job. I would be a mechanic because my dad has taught me a lot about cars but I still have a lot to learn. 

Blue or White? 

What would you wear?

What job would you be interested in? 

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/wealth-management/120215/blue-collar-vs-white-collar-different-social-classes.asp 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would rather have a blue collar job because I cannot stand sitting down all day at a desk. I would be interested in a technician field or a test engineer. A test engineer is a person who takes a new piece of farm equipment and does everything in their power to break the machine. This is of course only by using the machine and pushing it to its physical limits.

• I would rather have a white collar job. I believe that they have more stability, and have more strick hours so that you can go home and not have to worry about your job while wanting ot spend time with you family and friends. I would be interested in a job like accounting or becoming a lawyer. They both make good money and require you to use your brain on a daily basis.

• I think I would like either. I would both feel somewhat bored inside all day not going much but also there are lots of days I do not want to even get out of bed so I would rather go to work in an office. What I would wear would depend on what my job is. I would not mind having to wear nice clothes and dress up everyday because I think I would enjoy that. But also some days I also have days where I want to wear my PJs all day so those days would be harder.

• I think having a blue-collar job is better than a white-collar job being able to go out and not be confined to a desk is much more enticing than having to sit inside pushing paper. that's just my personal opinion though. I want to get a job that allows me to go outside.

• I would rather have a blue-collar job over a white-collar job. I think this because sitting at a desk all day seems really boring. Also because blue-collar jobs are more in demand than white-collar jobs. If everyone had a white-collar job, the world would end because nobody could fix infrastructure. 

• I would like to have a white-collar job, but I would also want a blue-collar one at the same time. I want to do something possibly with phsycology and nursing, but I would  also enjoy being an environmental scientist or a marine biologist.

• I would probably be a Blue-Collar worker and If I were I'd wear either the uniform handed to me or some old jeans and T-Shirt maybe a jacket for when it's cold. The job I'm interested in is a mechanic like my father I've been working with him since I was old enough to hold a light and I've learned so much about cars that I could probably fix almost anything with a little bit of time.

• I would rather have a blue-collar job than a white-collar job. I wouldn’t want to sit in an office all day. I would rather be outside doing hand on stuff instead of looking at a computer screen all day. I feel like working in a shop or outside is way more fun than being inside at a desk.

• I would way rather have a blue-collar job. I think that sitting in an office all day is very boring. I think that people can have their own opinions though. I would much rather be outside experiencing the real world. I do not enojy watching videos and doing desk work.

• I prefer neither if we're being honest. I wouldn't want to sit at a desk for the next 50 years and I certainly wouldn't want to tear my body up the rest of my life either. In my opinion, we do need those jobs, but I wouldn't want a job like that. Besides, both white and blue-collar jobs get paid the same average pay as everyone else. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker