What is Internet Horror?

Horror is a genra of literature, film, and television that is meant to scare, startle, shaock, and even repulse audiences. The focus of horror io to elict a sense of dread in the reader through frightning images, themes, and situations. Horror films often explore dark subject matter and may deal with transgessive topics or themes. The elements of horror are fear, surprise, suspense, mystery,spoilers.

Internet horror also known as Creepypasta, come from the term copypasta which comes from copy and pasta. Creepypasta is a term used for amatuer horror stories that have been shared around the internet. The stories are often brief and user-generated. The horror stories have 57 types of horror they can fit into. What makes Creepypasta what it is are the ingredients which are first person, murder, cliffhanger, supernatural, unexplained phenomenon, creepy image or video.

Some of the recognizable stories are Jeff the Killer, Smile Dog, Sally Williams, and Slenderman are some of the few. The most populare stories are The Rusian Sleep Experiment, Squidward Suicide, and the Rake. The most terrifieing stories are Borrasca, A Spire in the Woods, and Footsteps. The most popular groups are The Marble Hornets, Slenderman's Proxies, and the SCP-Foundation.

The SCP-Foundation was created for more anomalies that work with other anomalies for scientest to find a way to save the human population. An anomaly that has other anomalies in its stories would be SCP-682 which has an encounter with almost every other anomaly. The Marble Hornets is a group of people that have a YouTube channel to explore the paranormial. At the end of the story all the characters are pronounced died, althogh Tim Wright and Brian Thomas become Masky and Hoodie and become the paranormal they were chasing.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• This topic has been done or at least something similar-inklcuding your pervious storu on the SCP-Foundation. Your summary is pretty good and you did reply to students so good job overall.

• Creepypasta has never really been something I've typically been interested in but it is cool to read about the background of all of the characters. I enjoy horror movies a lot but I have yet to read into characters like these ones.

• I personally have not much of an idea of what I just read as I am not into internet horror. But, it seems like it could be very deep and weird. Especially since there are certain groups and stories with creepy names like a spire in the woods and the SCP- Foundation. 

• Internet horror can be really fun sometimes, but at the same time super creepy. I have seen many of the stories about SCP - 682 the hard to destroy reptile and I think that the authors are having fun with it now. However on the SCP foundation website they have really wholesome stories which I believe that it is fun for this site to bring authors together.

• 682 has become one of the most popular SCPs. One of the most wholesome SCPs is SCP-999 also known as tickle-monster.

• So they all died? What in the World are SCPs? Why did they choose pasta for the other word?

• Not all of the characters are dead such as Kagekao who is a demon that is alive. Why I chose to stick with Creepypasta is because that is how I am able to find the information.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker