Washington Wildfires

If there wasn’t really any type of lighting around the area it was mostly the human caused that doesn't really mean the arson. Then this fire has been going through by starting April 15th through October with just 15 each year while it is destroying the Washington state throughout the day and evening. The wildfires it did destroyed about 5.000 acres to ( 20km2) that did start to go and increase. With all the data that has been taken there from the past year of 2002 of the year.

There have been about 185 structures of buildings and apartments that have been demolished and all burned down from all of the fire that has been going on with the people. Only there has just been one person that has died from it.how everything did burne down it all collapsed by when it hit Sunday morning with only zero percent.There also was almost 240 homes that were all burned down from all of the flames that had been going on.

There were about 7.2 total injuries that people have gotten while living in the Washington fires while it was breaking out. There also was a total of 2.3 deaths after there were a lot of people that did die inside their homes while they couldn’t get out from the burning fire. Lastly there were almost a total of 1,0000 fires that started to go and break out during the day and months when it was too ready to break out.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/20/washington-state-wildfire-leaves-one-dead-and-nearly-200-structures-destroyed

Have you heard about the Washington fires going on?

What could be done to prevent these?

Would you be willing to live there with the fires?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No I haven't heard any Washington wildfires yet or haven't seen any on the news or youtube. That people shouldn't throw fireable things like plastic or do any campfires by the forests. I would not live by the fires because that will be horrible but saving people or any wild animals from the fires is a good idea so they won't get killed or hurt from the fires.

• No, I don't really fallow the news so I didn't hear about the washington wildfires going on. I think that people should be more carefull with these fires going on and should be in a burn ban. No, I wouldnt be willing to live there if I knew these were going on. 

• I have heard of these fires going on and I think it's pretty bad and it needs to be fixed. I think if humans were more careful about things, then we could've prevented this. I would not live there because there are so many more better places to live anyways.

• I have not heard of anything like this before reading. I think that they are more natural and the only thing we could clean up the earth and take better care of and be aware that natural disasters happen. I wouldn't want to live there but I would if I had to.

• Before reading this I had not heared about the fires going on in washington. I think that more people could have better practices with fire prevention and I also think that more people could volenteer for the fire department so they have more people that can help stop the fires.

• I have not heard about the Washington wilfires. These fires are naturally caused, but we could keep the environment cleaner to prevent them. I wouldn't want to live there because I would be too scared of my house burning down.

• I have not heard of these fires going on, but I know from past fire situations that they can be very dangerous. I think that to prevent the fires they could do regulated fires during times when there isn't a high fire danger risk. I probably wouldn't live there with all the fires. 

• I have not heard about the Washington fires. Don't throw cigarettes or trash. I would not want to live next to those fires

• I think if people would recycle more trash and not throw cigarette buds outside where they could catch fire would help. I have not heard of these fires till now. I don't think I would live there because if there's a lot of fires happening then my house could catch on fire. 

• No I have not. Nothing can really be done to prevent NATURAL forest fire disasters, but citys could put an irrigation system around town to make the edges wet so the fire cant spread into town. Yeah i'd live in the beutiful mountains.. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker