Typhoon slams Phillippines

On December 7 Typhoon Hagupit crashed into the Philippine coast, knocking out power and forcing nearly 900,000 people to evacuate. During the storm, more than three people died due to exposure. Luckily the city was ready and the storm wasn't very violent, otherwise the causality count might've been higher.

See the story here

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/12/07/2-dead-00000-evacuate-as-typhoon-slams-philippines/

What do you think would've happened if they wouldn't have evacuated sooner?

What would you have done in this situation?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• There would be a lot more casualties if the didn't evacuate sooner. I probably would have evacuated just like everybody else and go in the opposite direction of the storm with as many people as possible.

• I would've evacuated to in this situation. If the people wouldn't of evacuated sooner I'm sure that there would've been more casualties.

• I think that if they didn't evacuate sooner then there would be way more deaths. And I would get out of there as soon as possible

• I think that they could've avoided having a ton of trouble getting people out of the city and could've easy avoided the two deaths that happened because of exposure. 

• Many more people could have died easily. I would leave as soon as they said it was coming.

• More people would have died. I would have evacuated so I wouldn't die.

• It's hard to say, youd just have to be in that postion to see how you would react to it.

• More people would have gotten hurt. 

• I feel like that its an experience that you would have to have experienced before in order to know what to do. 

• many of them would of died

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker