Two Confirmed Deaths in Iowa from the Flu

Last Friday, it was confirmed by the Iowa Department of Public Health that there has been two confirmed deaths resulting from the flu. One being in Northwest Iowa from a elderly woman. The other was a middle aged woman in central Iowa. These two deaths are the first ones of the 2019-2020 flu season. It has also been said that there has been an increase this year and that the flu is in just about every Iowa community. The people working behind these cases want to remind everyone that the flu is more than a tough cold, it can be a serious and fatal illness. It is strongly reccomended that everyone gets their flu shots soon. If you want to read more, click Here.

1. How efficient do you think the flu shot is?

I think it depends on the persons immune system. I think that the flu shot can totally backfire on the person, espescialy in young children. 

2. Do you think that the flu targets certain ages of people? 

I think it is easier for a young child or an old man to get the flu than a middle aged man or woman. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would have to say that the flu shot if efficient to most people. I mean if the professional doctors think the flu shot is good for you, then I dont think they would be lying. But some people do still get the flu even after the shot, so I think it depends on how your body works.

• I think that the doctors are trustworthy and are experienced enough in the field to tell us that we need the shot to be better protected from the flu. I don't think there's any money hungry people at least around our area. 

• I think the flu shot is very, very helpful, and it keeps the sickness contained or at least less severe. I do not think the flu targets certain ages. I think it depends on how healthy your immune system is and how well you take care of yourself.

• I agree, the flu shot is pretty effective, however, I do think that the flu effects younger ages espescialy kids that have not had the flu shot yet. Old people as well because as you get older your immune system weakens. 

• I feel like the flu shot is effective if made right and if the immune system is good.I feel like the flu doesn’t target certain ages just the person.

• I agree with you on the first part. However, I think that the flu targets people who haven't had the flu or are really old or really young. The immune systems in all 3 cases are much weaker than a person who gets a flu shot. 

• I think the flu shot helps some people and makes some people get the flu.  I think its easy for younger people to get the flu becasue they are not amune to it yet as mild age people are and older people are cause they have been around it more.

• I agree that the flu shot definitely helps the people that get it. I also agree that the flu targets younger people because they're too young to get the flu shot. 

• I think that the flu shot really works I think its just away for the goverment and doctors to get more money out of you so you get the flu adn they tell you it help but really it dosent do anything. No I think it does I think it can happen to anybody of any age young middle age old it depends on how strong the immune system is and how the person takes care of them selves.

• I agree, but I also think that the flu shot could help and it's better to be safe than sorry. I've had the flu shot for as long as I was able to get them and I've never had the flu, but I know people who don't get flu shots and they're always sick. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker