The US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said that Washington will confront Russia after hearing from a top US military commander that Moscow is sending weapons to the Taliban, but had no evidence to support his claim. While at a press conference Mattis and General John Nicholson stated that they are continuing to get reports about Russia's assistance with the Taliban. Although the general never answered the question of what the Pentagon was going to do to stop Russian's from sending weapons.

Questions

1. What do you think the Pentagon will do about the situation?

2. Do you think that Russia is sending weapons to the Taliban? Why?

Answer

I believe that the Pentagon will find a way to take care of it and I do believe that Russia is sending the weapons to the Taliban because even though there is no evidence, there is still a lot of people still reporting it. 

https://www.rt.com/news/386009-us-russia-weapons-taliban-accusation/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Lets all just hope that they are not true and that nobody gets hurt. If it is true then I hope that they do find out if it is true or not, and take all the precaution to take care of the situation. 

• I believe that the Pentagon will find an effective way to deal with this situation.  I think that confirming the validity of the reports should be their first step.  If the reports are true, I'm sure they will find an intelligent and successful plan to stop Russia from arming the Taliban. I don't know if these reports are true- it has been said that Trump has bettered United States relations with Russia, but I'm not sure if that has happened.  

• I believe that they will and should too. Also I don't think anyone really knows right now, but I hope that it gets figured out before anyone gets hurt.

• First they might find out if the report was true or not. And if they were true I would hope they would go and retrieve the weapons and stop them from hurting anyone with these so called weapons from Moscow.

• I hope that they do figure out whether or not it is true because that could save a lot of people that they are planning on harming.

• They will probably find out to see if the reports are actually true, and if they are I hope they would come up with a way to stop them. They could be sending them weapons, but you just never know for sure. 

• I agree that they will probably find out if it's true or not and you're right.  We'll never officially know until they figure it out for certain. 

• They will probably make sure that these reports are true then probably find a way to stop them.  Possibly, I thought that Russia and Trump were good but they could be going behind his back to try and destroy the U.S. 

• I agree with you. I think that it is a reasonable answer, but we'll never officially know until they figure it out for certain.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker