The Oscars

Can you believe the first Oscars ceremony lasted only 15 minutes? You read that right, just 15 minutes. It took place in 1929 and it has been a star-studded affair ever since. The Oscars, officially known as the Academy Awards, is an annual ceremony that celebrates outstanding achievements in the film industry. It's like the Super Bowl for movies! 

This event has to be one of the most iconic of all time. The Oscars have seen iconic moments that have become part of pop culture. From Will Smith slapping Chris Rock, to John Cena’s naked moment, to Ryan Gosling performing “I’m Just Ken”, and other unexpected surprises, the ceremony always keeps us on the edge of our seats. One of the most exciting parts of the Oscars is the red carpet,celebrities arrive in their stunning outfits, and the media goes wild capturing their looks. 

The Oscars performances are always so exciting too. They bring together some of the biggest stars in the entertainment industry to showcase their talent on stage. Some of the greatest performances have been done by Billie Eilish, Adele, Lady Gaga, Ryan Gosling, etc. During the ceremony, awards are presented in various categories, including Best Picture, Best actor/actress, Best Original Screenplay, and many more. This year, the so-called “Barbenheimer'' has had a big impact on the film industry. The Barbie movie won 8 oscars, while Oppenheimer won 7; this has created a huge debate between fans of both movies. 

The Oscars will truly never get old, whether you’re a movie buff or just enjoy the glitz and glamour, the Oscars is an event that captivates audiences around the world. It's a celebration of creativity, talent, and the magic of the silver screen. Lights, camera, action!

Questions:

Have you watched the Oscars?

If you were to win an Oscar, which category would you win it for? Example: I would win an Oscar for “Most Movie Fanatic” (It doesn't have to be a real category)

Do you prefer Barbie, Oppenheimer, or Barbenheimer?

BEST OSCARS MOMENTS

link

link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do watch the Oscars and enjoy it. I'm not sure I will ever win an oscar, and I'm not entirely sure if I really want to, so I don't know what I would win it for but I do enjoy watching it. Out of all of the options, I for sure prefer Barbie as it impacted me as well as society a lot. 

• I haven't watched the Oscars but I have seen so many things about it on social media. If I won the Oscars for a category I have no idea which category it would be. I haven't actually seen Oppenheimer but I've heard its good. I would have to say I like Barbie more.

• Yes, social media has so many clips of the Oscars, they go viral. I think you would win most funny, from what I know from you. Oppenheimer is good, but I think Barbie has a better meaning.

• I have not seen the Oscars before but I think it would be interesting to watch. If I were to win an Oscar I don't really know what I would win it for, lol! I have not watched Oppenheimer or Barbenheimer, and I have watched Barbie and I did really enjoy it. 

• It is very interesting to watch, it's also very fun. Many people gather together to recognize the most important things in the film industry. Barbie is the best movie for me, I loved it.

• I have never watched the oscars and I would win an oscar for "knowing the least about the movie industry". I haven't seen Oppenheimer yet but I want to. I have seen Barbie and it was pretty good so for now I prefer Barbie.

• I've only seen the Oscars a couple of times. I'll probably win the Oscar for "the cryiest person", because when I watch sentimental movies I can't help but feel sad even with something very simple. I actually liked bouth movies.

• I haven't watched the Oscars, and it does dound interesting. I like watching and looking at the red carpet moments because the actor/actresses look amazing and their outfits are so stunning. I saw Oppenheimer, and then Barbie, and I prefer Barbie because it kept my attention more and it didn't feel as long as the other. 

• I agree, the red carpet is amazing! We get to see all the beautiful and different colors and looks. It is truly a diversity of styles. I agree, I feel like Oppenhemier was kinda boring, it is also very long. Or maybe that's what I thought because it is not something I'm interested in, unlike barbie. Barbie has a beautiful meaning.

• I have never watch the Oscars and do not plan to. It is a good way to recognize the people who have worked hard to make it. I prefer to watch barbie. Oppenheimer does not sound fun. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker