The impact of social media on society

Social media has been around for a long time and has many pros and cons to it. Social media is seen as a very powerful tool. It has grown greatly throughout the years. 

Social media has connected people all over the world. Some examples of this are when you have a long distance friend, relationship or family member you can communicate through email, messages, etc. or when you're away for vacation you can post on instagram, snapchat, etc. Social media can also empower communities through social movements

Social media can also have some negative aspects such as cyberbullying, miscommunication, or the spread of fake news. These aspects can contribute to someone's mental or physical health. Social media is also used to promote businesses or small companies. It helps advertise their marketing or customer interaction. 

Social media can be involved with memories, ideas, and support. It has a big role with sharing certain information or aspects in life. Social media has many benefits and helps the world all together. Society has become better and stronger with the use of social media.

Have you ever been impacted by social media, if so was it in a negative or postitive way?

Do you think social media is beneficial to society? 

How do you think small businesses would be affected if social media went away?

https://www.simplilearn.com/real-impact-social-media-article#:~:text=Social%20Media%20is%20relatively%20a,harm%2C%20anxiety%2C%20and%20loneliness.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree it can impact you for good and bad reasons. Small business would be affected!

• I have been impacted in a positive way because you can learn new information. I think it can impact us in a good way but also in a bad way. I think it definetly could but I don't think it happens often.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker