The History of Super Bowl

From the first Super Bowl in 1967 to the Super Bowl in 2024 it has always been one of the most-viewed sports events in history. The first matchup was the Green Bay Packers against the Kansas City Chiefs. The Packers would end up taking home the World Professional Football Championship Trophy(which is what the trophy was called at the time and was later changed due to Legendary coach Vince Lombardi losing his battle with cancer in 1970.) With a score of Green Bay 35 to the Chiefs 10. The star in this game was the Packers WR Max McGee catching the ball 7 times for 138 and 2 touchdowns. Green Bay quarterback Bart Starr would end up winning the MVP(Most Valuable Player)that year. 

Another huge part of the Super Bowl is the halftime show. It always been a very anticipated announcement almost a anticipated as hearing the teams playing. With the very first halftime show came in 1967 being the University of Arizona Symphonic Marching Band. To the most relevant named artist for our generation Michel Jackson for Superbowl 27. This year is Usher and talks about a potential special guest Taylor Swift also performing. But at the time of the writing of this, there is no confirmation of that. 

There are some big-name players throughout the years and some not-so-well-known players in Superbowls. For example, Nick Foles was once on top of the NFL winning a Super Bowl for the Eagles when an injured Carson Wentz went down with an ACL injury crushing the dreams of Eagles fans but those dreams would soon be brought back by Nick Foles. A different example of a well-known player winning the Super Bowl in Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady. Tom Brady has 7 career Super Bowl wins and Patrick Mahomes has 2 some people considering him to be the next Tom Brady and Patrick going on to win multiple Super Bowls in his professional career. 

Sources:

Questions:

1. How long have you watched Professional Football?

2. What is your favorite Super Bowl matchup?

3. What is your Favorite half-time performance? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have watched professional football since I was young with my dad. My favorite Superbowl match-up was probably this year. Only because both teams were very skilled and either way I would be happy with the winner. My favorite half-time performance would be the one with Eminem.

• I have been watching professional Football for a long time. My favorite Super Bowl matchup was the Los Angeles Rams vs. the Cincinnati Bengals because of how close the game was. My favorite half-time performance was the one that had Eminem in it a few years back.  

• I maybe started watching between 2015-2017, its somewhere around there. I don't really watch football that much though so im not really sure. I don't really watch the halftime performances.

• I have been watching Professional football for a long time. I don't know if I have a favorite Super Bowl matchup because my team has never been a part of the SuperBowl since I have been watching. I do not have a favorite SuperBowl halftime performance. 

• I wqtch football very rarely. I dont have a favorite. Shakira.

• I have started watching the NFL since 2016. My favorite matchup was when the patriots played the falcons that nice 28-3 comeback. I don't really care about the Halftime perfomances.

• I typically don't watch the NFL at all. Even if I watch the super bowl it is definitely just for the half time performance. Although sadly I missed this years super bowl because I was working. I think my favorite half-time performance has to be Rihanna.

• I ususally don't care about the NFL other than the super bowl. I love going to fun parties for it and watching the game. Me personally, I really enjoyed the half time preformance from the weeknd, and snoop dogg. 

• I have been watching the professional football as long as I can remember. My favorite football matchup was this year between the Sanfransisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs. My favorite half-time show was Justin Timberlake in 2018.

• I have been watching professional football since the superbowl in 2013. I do not watch a whole lot of the NFL or NCAA but I do like to watch the bowl games, and highlights from games in general. Favorite halftime performance in 100% michael jacksons performance. Easy!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker