The Benefits of Eliminating Dress Codes in Schools

Dress codes have long been a topic of debate in educational foundations. While they were at the start implemented to promote a sense of discipline and professionalism, many argue that they are individuality and self-expression. I want you to explore the advantages of eliminating dress codes in schools. 

By removing dress codes, schools allow students to express their individuality through their clothing choices. This freedom of expression can boost students' confidence and self-esteem, as they can showcase their style. It also encourages diversity and inclusivity, as students from various backgrounds can freely express their cultural or religious attire without fear of judgment or restriction.Without dress codes, students are encoraged to think creatively when it comes to their attire. This freedom can inspire them to experiment with fashion, leading to a more vibrant and diverse school community. Creative expression through clothing can also spill over into other areas of students' lives

Strict dress codes can contribute to feelings of self-consciousness and body image issues among students. By eliminating dress codes, schools can help reduce these pressures and promote a healthier body image. Students can focus more on their studies and personal growth, without the added stress of conforming to specific dress standards.

Eliminating dress codes in schools can have numerous benefits for students. It helps self-expression, promotes equality, enhances creativity, improves mental health, and prepares students for the real world. By embracing individuality and allowing students to express themselves through their clothing.

https://emilypost.com/advice/attire-guide-dress-codes-from-casual-to-white-tie

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/school-dress-codes-arent-fair-to-everyone-federal-study-finds/2022/10

https://www.kqed.org/mindshift/62163/are-dress-codes-fair-how-one-middle-school-transformed-its-rules-for-what-students-wear

Do you think that we should get rid of dress code?

What are some cons of getting rid of dress code?

If Harlan got rid of their dress code do you think it would go bad?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I disagree with you I think they should keep some of it but they should get rid of some things 

• I think dress code is very important because it an be a distraction if people don't wear apropriate clothes in school. I think Harlan has a pretty good dress code and we don't have many problems.

• I think the dress codes should stay the same and not change because kids would take to much advantage over it and where whatever they would like.

• I think that our dress code at Harlan should remain the same. If not exactly the same, it should have minimal changes. I think this because our dress code already allows students to express themselves and I cannot think of anything that should change. I think it would be a bad idea to remove our dress code.

• I disagree I think that some things could be changed

• I think that we should get rid of the school dress code but regulate and restrict it.  The cons of completey taking away the dress code would be that students would be susceptible to bullying or harrassment based on wearing whatever. I think it would be bad to take away dress code.

• I agree and that makes sense

• I think that we shouldn't get rid of dress code but I think we should make it less strict. I think a con of getting rid of dress code is that people can wear whatever they want and it can be innapropriate and people can be distracted. I think it would go bad if Harlan got rid of it.

• I agree that they're dress code should be less strict about some things 

• I dont think the dress code should be taken away cause if it was some girls would ware barely anything. Kids could were more inopropriate cloths. In harlan it would get a little bad.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker