The "Almost" Catastrophe of the U.S

In 1961 the us was sparred a tragedy of monumental proportion when 2 hydrogen bombs were dropped in North Carolina but didn’t detonate when a American b-52 bomber broke up midair during this the bombs were released the bombs engaged and acted as they should and there was only one low voltage trigger stopping the catastrophic disaster each bomb has 4 megatons of force that’s the equivalent of 4 million tons of TNT.

If these explosives went off lethal fallout could have been deposited from places like. Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia and could have gone as far north as New York city- putting millions of lives at risk.

What do you think would’ve happened if the bombs went off

How could the us be affected by this event

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I can see you understand the other affects by a hydrogen bomb and can agree that there could have been in other peoples word a wors thing than just dying 

• I think that the area affected, such as Washington, Baltimore, and Philadelphia, would have become uninhabitable due to radiation and sheer destruction. The whole United States would be affected by this event because there would be food/product shortages because those states would not be able to raise crops anymore.

• yes i can agree that there would have been big effects on not just the people the places they lived and grew food and other necesities 

• Exactly, I fully agree. The impact of the loss of life would cause severe low morale among Americans. Many people's loved ones could be dead or injured. So many industries would be affected by population loss. I think it could be the most significant depression in American history.

• i understand what you mean by the moral of the american citizins and the affect on the industries in not just america but ht ewhole world and i can agrre that i eould cause a big depresion in america probably being the most significant 

• bump

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker