Street Driver charged with murder after hit-and-run

Thursday, February 26th, there was an Alleged 'street racer' that has been recently charged with murder after a fatal hit-and-run located in California. Henry Gevorgyan, 21, was suspected of killing two people during a "street race".  Eventually he was charged with murder on Sunday, March 1st after he surrendered to authorities on Saturday night. He has a bail set at 2 million dollars. This crash happened in the San Fernando Valley neighborhood of Chatsworth. Authorities said he fled the scene scene. One man died at the scene while the other man died at a hospital from the injuries. There was also a third pedestrian that is hospitalized and luckily is stable condition.

LINK TO STORY

Questions- 

1. Why do you think Henry Gevorgyan surrendered to the authorities?

2. Would you feel safe driving on the streets if some one bailed him out?

3. How do you think this man feels on what happened?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• He probably knew that the charges would be more severe if he continued to run and did not want further repercussions. Considering the bail is set at 2 million dollars, I doubt he will be getting bailed out but if he was, then I would be a little more conscious of my surroundings. But if he killed two people, I'm hoping he would have learned his lesson about street racing. I think he feel's sorry about what happened considering he more than likely was looking to have fun, not kill people. 

• He probably didn't want to live with knowing he killed two people. I'm sure he wouldn't be allowed to get a license ever again. He probably feels guilty about what he did.

• He might have done it for publicity. I don't feel safe on the roads anyways due to so many distractions such as phones and he probably doesn't think much of it.

• Because there might of been witnesses that would of snitched. It is not just drive around with him out he was racing a highly tuned up car. He probably think why was some out that late at night.

• I think he felt bad so he was surrendered. I hope he learned his lesson. 

• Well I don't know how a person could live with all that gulit knowing that he might have killed three pedestrians. Honestly if he was street racing i wouldn't worry about him doing it again if he got bailed out. Obviously he feels guilty and I bet hes already learned his lesson. 

• I think that he surrendered because he thought that he couldn't run forever and that he was guilty. And I would not feel safe with him driving but who has 2 million dollars to bail him out? 

• Exactly. I think his bond was set so high because of how tragic this event was! He will pay the time for it!

• I think he surrendered because he felt bad. 
    I wouldn't feel safe at all, but I would hope that he had learned his lesson from what happened earlier. 
    I think this man probably feels bad for what he's done. 

• I agree, especially if he has to live the rest of his life knowing he killed two people! 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker