Today, McMaster "the national security adviser" has reassured South korea that the THAAD funding deal is still in place and that the United States will still pay for the system. . This statement has contradicted what Mr. President Donald Trump has stated recently.  The agreement that is pre existing sates that though South korea must provide the land and other supports, the United states will pay for their missile defense system.  The Key pieces to THAAD were put into place Wednesday.

Who Do you think should Pay for THAAD?

Why do you think the secretary of defense says we will pay for it?

do you support or oppose this plan?

I oppose the Idea because I believe that the united states should not have to pay for their system. I believe that our top priority at this time is to protect our own citizens. 

I think that south Korea should pay for their own system. and that the U.S. should re-prioritize.

I believe however that the secretary is merely trying to diffuse the tension between the two countries at the time and it is a fair Idea of how to do it without getting too involved.

To read more please click HERE

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• South Korea should pay for it because the THAAD because it is for their benefit. So North Korea has a reason to fear in case the THAAD has to be used. I support the plan because the world needs to make sure North Korea dosen't do something to stupid.

• if they cant pay for it we need to because we need some close to north koria to moniter them. as to not set of the north. i support it because north koria can bully the south some times.

• I think The US and South Korea should split the cost of THAAD. Because it is South Korea's system but we are using it so i think it would be fair if we both payed for it. I dont really support it or oppose it i think we should just protect our country whatever way we can. 

• I think South Korea should be paying for their own defense systems because the United States should be focusing their money into their own defenses even if we are allies. I believe he says we will pay for it to make sure South Korea keeps us as an ally and we don't have any tension with them as well. I personally do not support this plan because there is the possibility, even if slim, that those defenses could be used against us in the future. 

• 1. I believe that South Korea should pay for THAAD because even though we'll be protected as well, it's their defense system. If they don't have enough money I believe that we should at least pitch in somewhat because it could protect us. 

2. Because the secretary of defense has more power than us and has more power. Probably has  been doing research and decided this would  save us and could help us and our relationship with other countries.

3. I am not in favor because as it is South Korea's, we should not have to pay for the whole thing. I understand that it'll protect us but it should be ours if we pay for it. 

• I think that South Korea should pay for it because the United States doesn't own it and they do. I think that the secretary of defense is looking for a quick thing to say so that both countries won't get mad but it won't help in the long run. I oppose this plan because the U.S. shouldn't have to pay for something that isn't even ours and that South Korea needs to step up and pay for it. 

• I think South Korea should pay for it, but if they can't afford to then we should help them out because we both are trying to stop North Korea. I support this plan because we are trying to help out South Korea in this situation. 

• Well I think it should be South Korea, but if they cant, I think we should cover the cost and have them pay us back. Because North Korea wants to attack us too. We have troops in South Korea. I support it

• bump

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker