Should Homework be Banned?

Would you want to have homework or should it be banned? A lot of people have different opinions and there are very good arguments for why it should be banned or why it shouldn't be banned. If homework got banned there could be some pros and cons. If homework didn't get banned there are also pros and cons to it. Think of your situation like this, would you risk less education for more free time or more education for less free time?

Some people do not like homework but, homework does help people when it comes to being ready for tests, exams, and quizzes. Homework also creates skills for himself like time management, how to organize better, and indivisual learning. The homework that the teachers assign kids is to help them remember what they learned inside of class. Doing this will help get rid of the possibility of kids forgetting the material that they just learned. Teachers will give homework out to also teach self discipline for students to do their homework on time otherwise they will have to make plans to do them on the student's free time.

Students would like to have homework banned due to the lack of time for other activities. When students have jobs or afterschool activities they may be tired after all of school, sports, and jobs. Then when these students have homework it creates stress on the students for when it has to be done, how much there is, and if they will be passing after it or not. Sleep deprive can be caused by homework due to students having to do their homework late at night becaue of after school activities. People like to have good family bonding time especially students, but they can't do that when students are busy dealing with homework and trying to finish it.

I would rather have no homework then have any homework. This would give me more time to spend time with my family. For example, we love to watch movies, play games, go out to eat, and go shopping together. It would also be able to give me more hours for my job so I would be able to earn more money. I would be able to play sports, sleep, and spend time with friends without worrying about any dead line for homework.

Would you want to have homework?

Would you want to ban homework?

Would you want to only have homework in school?

Sources:

https://medium.com/@Gurpreet_Kumar/20-reasons-why-homework-should-not-be-banned-402d1b489c5b#:~:text=Prepares%20students%20for%20tests%3A%20Homework,%2C%20organization%2C%20and%20independent%20learning.

https://www.calltutors.com/blog/why-homework-should-be-banned/#:~:text=The%20pressure%20to%20complete%20assignments,healthier%20well%2Dbeing%20among%20students.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and great job overall Eric!

• Homework should be banned. I would not want to have homework. I would want to ahve homewrok in school. It wasnt time from kids having fun wiht our youth. If were stuck or confused we cant do anyhting till the next day wastin time. So if we do get stuck we get points of for it being late, or we cant cheat and get hte answers to get hte points but we don tlearn the knowledge.

• I think if home work was banned, we would have to focus alot more on studying, because we wouldn't have anything to help us rember our imformation. I think homework is pretty important, but very time consuming,

• I think homework should be kept, because it helps us learn the topic more and it makes us think more to figure it out. Instead of just laerning it once and then forgetting about it. It also will give the teachers a chance to see how good we do on it. Also if they see any problems they can help us with it.

• No, I do not want to have homework. because I don't have time for it and I think it is a waste of time to do. Yes, I would want to ban homework. I don't want any work to do outside of class I think we should only have to do what we can get done in class.

• I don't like having homework because it just drags my grades down since I don't have time to finish it at home and I don't have a study hall. Since it's my junior year, I have decided to get rid of as many classes as I can for my senior year which leaves no down time during school. I also joined several after school activities that take up time and I just keep filling my scedual. If I didn't have homework, I might have some down time. So yes. I would ban homework and make it school work.

• I don't think homework should be banned because it's a way for us students to practice and see what we know before a test or quiz. I feel that we benefit from doing homework though it can be annoying and seem like we have too much its actually really helping us. 

• I feel like homework is a way to help us understand subjects better because we are practicing a new skill that is getting taught to us. I would not like to ban homework because it is very beneficial not just to us as students, but it's a way to help our teachers see if we understand certain skills.

• I think having homework isn't a problem. The only way you have homework is if you don't get it done in school.  Banning homework would be nice but it definetly won't happen. I wouldn't mind having homework just in school because it wouldn't be any different from doing your work in class.

• I think that homework can be good and bad. Sometimes I feel like homework shoudn't be a thing. For example homework can be a lot after sports, school, and work. Sometimes homework can make you stay up, but I do think that homework does help with tests and understanding what your learning. For now I think we should stick with homework.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker