Should Homework be Banned?

Would you want to have homework or should it be banned? A lot of people have different opinions and there are very good arguments for why it should be banned or why it shouldn't be banned. If homework got banned there could be some pros and cons. If homework didn't get banned there are also pros and cons to it. Think of your situation like this, would you risk less education for more free time or more education for less free time?

Some people do not like homework but, homework does help people when it comes to being ready for tests, exams, and quizzes. Homework also creates skills for himself like time management, how to organize better, and indivisual learning. The homework that the teachers assign kids is to help them remember what they learned inside of class. Doing this will help get rid of the possibility of kids forgetting the material that they just learned. Teachers will give homework out to also teach self discipline for students to do their homework on time otherwise they will have to make plans to do them on the student's free time.

Students would like to have homework banned due to the lack of time for other activities. When students have jobs or afterschool activities they may be tired after all of school, sports, and jobs. Then when these students have homework it creates stress on the students for when it has to be done, how much there is, and if they will be passing after it or not. Sleep deprive can be caused by homework due to students having to do their homework late at night becaue of after school activities. People like to have good family bonding time especially students, but they can't do that when students are busy dealing with homework and trying to finish it.

I would rather have no homework then have any homework. This would give me more time to spend time with my family. For example, we love to watch movies, play games, go out to eat, and go shopping together. It would also be able to give me more hours for my job so I would be able to earn more money. I would be able to play sports, sleep, and spend time with friends without worrying about any dead line for homework.

Would you want to have homework?

Would you want to ban homework?

Would you want to only have homework in school?

Sources:

https://medium.com/@Gurpreet_Kumar/20-reasons-why-homework-should-not-be-banned-402d1b489c5b#:~:text=Prepares%20students%20for%20tests%3A%20Homework,%2C%20organization%2C%20and%20independent%20learning.

https://www.calltutors.com/blog/why-homework-should-be-banned/#:~:text=The%20pressure%20to%20complete%20assignments,healthier%20well%2Dbeing%20among%20students.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that in some classes homework is not as neccesary as in some classes it is important. Struggling students probably should get homework in order to bump up their grade or in order to get some passing grades.

• I believe the way we handout and turn in homework is perfectly fine. Although it does get annoying when you have work, or are out of town, those cercumstances can make it very hard to complete homework. However, that work is preparing you for upcoming classes and quizs/tests.

• I think that the way we have homework in our school district right now is fine. Yes, it does get annoying when you can't go places because of work due, but all that work is preparing you to take a test/quiz. I don't love homework, but I don't hate it either. It helps in the long run and helps build self-discipline.

• Our homework situation is ok and I agree on that but it does get annoying when you can't go out to work, hang out with friends, or go with family because you are stuck inside doing homework instead of having fun.

• I don't like having homework because I am to busy after school and on the weekends. I think banning homework would be a good thing for the people that are busy after school. However, its acceptable every once in a while, like on projects or presentations. 

• But if you don't have homework you may not be as good at the thing they are teaching and you may struggle and fail that class or test and then you'll be wishing there was homework so you did know how to do the work and pass that class or test

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree that students that don't understand the subject would need it because it would help them study and learn more on it rather then failing the test and having to retake the class. Then if you do understand the subject you shouldn't have to do any homework on it cause then you would be learning the same thing twice.

• i would not like homework it doesnt  teach you anything all it shows is you can listen to a teacher.and a its total waste of time when you could be doing more important things. And i think ihomework should be banned 9/10 times kids wont do it anyway. 

• I think homework should be banned, but only in certain situations. There should only be homework when we have a very tuff subject that we need extra work to help understand the subject. But not on easy subjects that are a waste of time.

• I would not want to ban homework because I think it is good practice outside of class for people who need it. But I do not think that we should get homeowork everyday because it is good to not have to be stressed about getting it done every night when you get home. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker