Should Homework be Banned?

Would you want to have homework or should it be banned? A lot of people have different opinions and there are very good arguments for why it should be banned or why it shouldn't be banned. If homework got banned there could be some pros and cons. If homework didn't get banned there are also pros and cons to it. Think of your situation like this, would you risk less education for more free time or more education for less free time?

Some people do not like homework but, homework does help people when it comes to being ready for tests, exams, and quizzes. Homework also creates skills for himself like time management, how to organize better, and indivisual learning. The homework that the teachers assign kids is to help them remember what they learned inside of class. Doing this will help get rid of the possibility of kids forgetting the material that they just learned. Teachers will give homework out to also teach self discipline for students to do their homework on time otherwise they will have to make plans to do them on the student's free time.

Students would like to have homework banned due to the lack of time for other activities. When students have jobs or afterschool activities they may be tired after all of school, sports, and jobs. Then when these students have homework it creates stress on the students for when it has to be done, how much there is, and if they will be passing after it or not. Sleep deprive can be caused by homework due to students having to do their homework late at night becaue of after school activities. People like to have good family bonding time especially students, but they can't do that when students are busy dealing with homework and trying to finish it.

I would rather have no homework then have any homework. This would give me more time to spend time with my family. For example, we love to watch movies, play games, go out to eat, and go shopping together. It would also be able to give me more hours for my job so I would be able to earn more money. I would be able to play sports, sleep, and spend time with friends without worrying about any dead line for homework.

Would you want to have homework?

Would you want to ban homework?

Would you want to only have homework in school?

Sources:

https://medium.com/@Gurpreet_Kumar/20-reasons-why-homework-should-not-be-banned-402d1b489c5b#:~:text=Prepares%20students%20for%20tests%3A%20Homework,%2C%20organization%2C%20and%20independent%20learning.

https://www.calltutors.com/blog/why-homework-should-be-banned/#:~:text=The%20pressure%20to%20complete%20assignments,healthier%20well%2Dbeing%20among%20students.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree that it should not be fully banned and that there should be less homework and focusing more on tests and quizzes. It would cause less stress and let students have more time for tests and quizzes.

• I think it depends on the situation. I think its good to have for a little more practice on school work. For example, if there is a test next day you might want to study. In other ways homework can be very stressful and some people have activites. 

• I agree that it can help you with review during a test but also the fact that it can create pressure for if you have work, sports, and family situations is reasons why people wouldn't want homework.

• I personally think homework is not always nesecary esspecaly when you have a lot going on or really busy outside of school. I am not saying homework is bad especially before test then its inportant. I would take homework as long as it doesnt disrupt anything i have going on outside of school.

• I would like to have homework because it keeps me busy but, I would to ban homework because I need to help my family and work more. I would want only having homework in school because then some kids don't have to stress about getting it done at home.

• I would want to have homework, even though it is annoying and takes a lot of time. Homework lets you learn the concept of what you are trying to learn without the risk of a test grade. If I had a choice of only having to do work in school, I would take it.

• I agree that homework can be annoying and takes up valuable time for when you can be doing sports and working. I would also take the chance for only having homework in school.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker