There are lots of debates on if we should listen to Christmas music before or after Thanksgiving. People like to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, because it really gets them ready for the holiday season. Others think Thanksgiving is its own holiday and needs more credit. Thats why some wait to listen to Christmas music after Thanksgiving. Either way, its your own opion, but I will tell you what the research says. Although neither answer is wrong. 

Why should we listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving? We should start listening to Christmas music early because it lightens the mood, and can bring positive thoughts during the cold weather. Lots of people have great Christmas memories, which listening to music can bring back the joy of those memories. Christmas music makes most people very happy, its very peacful and an enjoyful genre of music. Stores may also start playing Christmas music earlier than you'd like because it brings the mood to shop. 

Why should we wait until after Thanksgivng to listen to Christmas music? Some say that every year Christmas seems to start earlier every year. While they love to enjoy the other holidays before than. It seems hard to as people start to celebrate Christmas too early. Each holiday should have its transition into the next. They all have their own spotlight. While people are shopping and hearing Christmas music earlier than they please, it could annoy then and make them want to leave the store. 

I personally think Christmas music should be played until after Thanksgiving. ALthough I enjoy Christmas music, it can get annoying after too long. Some people who can stand that and enjoy the Christmas spirt ealrier than others can start listeining to Christmas music ealier. I dont think its very neciessary. But if others enjoy it, than you do you. 

When do you start listeing to Christmas music? 

Do you think you should start listening to Christmas music before or after Thanksgiving? 

Whats your favorite Christmas song?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I usally start listening to Christmas music after Thanksgiving. Up until that holiday, I don't want to even think about Christmas.  I think that most people listen to Christmas music way to early, like even before Halloween. I don't like that, and I think that the radio staions shouldn't even start to play Chistmas music until November. My favorite Christmas song is the "Your a Mean One Mr. Grinch".

• I usually listen to chistmas music at the start of December. I think that it's better to listen to it after thanksgiving. I think christmas music is overrated, but my favorite is the Hippopotamus christmas song.

• I think people should start listening to Christmas music after Thanksgiving. I think people should start listening to Christmas music after Thanksgiving because Thanksgiving is before Christmas and for some reason, people think they should celebrate Christmas earlier each year.

• I think that Chirstmas music should be played after Thanksgiving because then it gives people a chance to celebrate Thanksgiving. I usually don't listen to Christmas music on my own, but if I do choose to listen to it, then it is after Thankgiving time. 

• In my opinion, you should listen to Christmas music after Thanksgiving. I feel this way because then it is the next holiday you are preparing for. There are many good  Christmas songs, but Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer is an absolute certified banger.

• I hardly ever listen to Christmas music, I just don't prefer listening to it, but if I had to pick one I would say White Christmas. I think that people should start listening to Christmas music after Thanksgiving mainly becuase I think that it can excite people too early and can get old by Christmas time.

• i honeslty dont listen to christmas music, as im not a fan of it. i believe that you start listening to it when december starts. not before or after thanksgiving. i dont have a favorite christmas song

• I usually try to wait till after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas music if I hear it before I will turn it off as fast as possible because I want the Christmas feeling to stay positive for as long as possible and not dry out. 

• I don't think there's a specific time to listen to Christmas music. You can listen to any music year round. 

• When I listen to Christmas music, it is usually after Thanksgiving, mostly because it doesn't actually feel the Christmas before then anyway. I don't really get in the mood to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving anyway. I have many favorite Christmas songs.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker