There are lots of debates on if we should listen to Christmas music before or after Thanksgiving. People like to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, because it really gets them ready for the holiday season. Others think Thanksgiving is its own holiday and needs more credit. Thats why some wait to listen to Christmas music after Thanksgiving. Either way, its your own opion, but I will tell you what the research says. Although neither answer is wrong. 

Why should we listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving? We should start listening to Christmas music early because it lightens the mood, and can bring positive thoughts during the cold weather. Lots of people have great Christmas memories, which listening to music can bring back the joy of those memories. Christmas music makes most people very happy, its very peacful and an enjoyful genre of music. Stores may also start playing Christmas music earlier than you'd like because it brings the mood to shop. 

Why should we wait until after Thanksgivng to listen to Christmas music? Some say that every year Christmas seems to start earlier every year. While they love to enjoy the other holidays before than. It seems hard to as people start to celebrate Christmas too early. Each holiday should have its transition into the next. They all have their own spotlight. While people are shopping and hearing Christmas music earlier than they please, it could annoy then and make them want to leave the store. 

I personally think Christmas music should be played until after Thanksgiving. ALthough I enjoy Christmas music, it can get annoying after too long. Some people who can stand that and enjoy the Christmas spirt ealrier than others can start listeining to Christmas music ealier. I dont think its very neciessary. But if others enjoy it, than you do you. 

When do you start listeing to Christmas music? 

Do you think you should start listening to Christmas music before or after Thanksgiving? 

Whats your favorite Christmas song?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't listen to Christmas music, but if I did, it would be after Thanksgiving or December 1st. I think people and the radio should start to listen to Christmas music after Thanksgiving because if it is played before, it gets over played and boring.

• I think after thanksgiving is a good time to start playing christmas music. If you play it before thanksgiving its a little to early because we still have thanksgiving to celebrate. I typically start playing christmas music after thanksgiving.

• I start listening to Christmas music during the first week of November, but my family doesn't start decorating until after Thanksgiving. I think that people should be able to start listening to Christmas music whenever they want to. My favorite Christmas song is probably Hot Chocolate from the Polar Express soundtrack.

• I think if teacherr were to play christams music I think they should wait till 2 weeks before christma. Christmas music should not be played on thankgiving.  I don't listen to any christmas music becasue not my type of music.

• I usually start to listen to Christmas music after Thanksgiving. I don't think that it matters when you start listening to Christmas music, but for me, I prefer to listen after Thanksgiving because lots of Christmas music is the same so it can be very repetitive. I would say that my favorite Christmas song is "Grown-Up Christmas List".

• I don't start listening to Christmas music until a few weeks before Christmas. I think you should start listening to Christmas music after Thanksgiving. You still have Thanksgiving before Christmas and I think people start to celebrate Christmas too early. I don't really have a favorite Christmas song.

• I think listening to Christmas music should be up to the person. I listen to Christmas music after Thanksgiving but sometimes during the year I want to listen to it. I don't think people should be limited to when they listen to Christmas music because it's good and makes people happy.

• I start listening to Christmas music either right after Thanksgiving or a week or two after Thanksgiving. I think you should start listening to Christmas music after Thanksgiving because you still have Thanksgiving before it's Christmas time. I don't have a favorite Christmas song I like them all. 

• I think people should start listening to Christmas music whenever they feel like it whether its in December, October or even sooner. I listened to some Christmas music in October this year just because I felt ready for it to start feeling like Christmas again.

• I dont usually listen to Christmas music but I dont think people should listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. I don't like when radio stations or people play Christmas music before thanks giving but that is just my opinion.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker