Should we have study halls? 

Should we have study halls? 

This is something I have been thinking about for a while and I believe that study halls are useless (for me personally anyway). I would rather do my homework at home as it is quieter, I’m in my room and it’s more comfortable.  

The only thing that study halls are useful for is if you need help.  But when you are at home, you can also get help by looking up a video or calling a friend. 

Some research says that study halls are good for people who have bad grades and/or a bad home environment.  And also that study halls can benefit. But I think, then, instead of going to study hall, go to the classroom that you need help in. So, if someone is struggling, say in Math, then they should go there for extra help, during what I need (win). Which is basically like a study hall. 

But there are very many negatives to having a study hall like people who don’t use their time wisely and they could just have another class period. 

Many other people say that you should have study halls so then you don’t have to stay after school because staying after school is not very beneficial. Also, if you have to take your homework home, you don’t have as much time to spend with your family. But, I still feel like there is no point in having a study hall when you don’t get a grade for it. So here are the facts given on why I feel like we should not have study halls.

Do you have a study hall?

Do you think study halls are beneficial?

Is study hall a good time for a restroom break?

If you didn’t have a study hall, when would you use the restroom?

https://www.thewildcatroar.com/opinion/2019/10/20/study-hall-hard-work-or-hindrance/ 

https://lobbyobserver.org/19385/uncategorized/whs-needs-a-study-hall-option/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Study halls are a great time for a break I do agree with that but I believe you can use that brake burning win or just tell the teacher you have to go to the bathroom and be fast and I bet they won't mind and let you go I feel like most teachers are good about this.

• I think that having a study hall is more beneficial than not. It gives students time to work on homework during the school day. I would much rather do my homework at school. If I had to do my work at home, there would be a smaller chance that I would get it done.

• I think study halls are great. People get work done and it is very beneficial to people that are in after school activities. Some teachers give a lot of homework and study hall gives students an opportunity to finish it all. If you don't have study hall, then you can use the restroom before class starts.

• I understand both sides whether you think we should have a study hall or not but I personally believe that study halls are dumb and I wouldn't rather have a different class. Therefore I believe that there should not be study halls.

• I think study halls are not only good for getting work done, but for having a break as well. I love being able to get my homework done, but also being able to relax too, if I don't have work. I also feel like most people utilize study hall in a good way, they are essential. 

• I think we should have study halls. I currently am not in a study hall, but when I did have one I found it very useful to do whatever I needed to. I always liked them cause I was able to do all of my homework in them. I think it made me a better student because of it. 

• This makes sense it is a great way to get your homework done but I still feel like there could be a different time during this period like a longer win and fewer class periods. But I understand why some people like them just personally not me.

• Yes, I have study hall and I do think it is beneficial for me and many others. I prefer to do my homework in school than at home because I would like to use my time at home to do what I want to do. I rely on my study hall time to get my work done because this semester its harder for me and when I have homework at home, I really don't do it and just save it for a study hall time.

• Yes, study halls are really important. I like study halls because you can finish your homework and as well use the restroom. And if you have nothing to do at all you can just relax. 

• I think study halls are beneficial if used correctly. I agree that a lot of students don't use them like they should and then they become pointless. But if used correctly it allows students to have that extra time to relax and work on homework. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker