Should we have a self defense class at school?

Physical conduct should be used as a last resort, however in dangerous situations it should be used. Knowing self defense could mean life or death for some people.

Along with learning how to protect themselves students can also learn self awareness, Spatial awareness, and help students detect dangerous situations early before anything happens. Self defense can also improve self-confidence and physical fitness. Studies show that teaching students self defense actually reduces physical Disputes in school. 

In many cases when young adults are in danger they panic however part of knowing and learning self defense is keeping calm and bing able to see thing level headed. With over about six different styles of  common and practical self defense and more then 170 styles of martial arts this being there are many different opportunities for schools to teach different styles. 

With most styles of self defense you do not have to worry about being stronger then your opponent. When learning self defense you are taught how to use your opponents body weight and momentum against them. 

Teaching self defense in school could be beneficial in many ways. I personally thing that we should make a P.E class for a form of self defense. For thoses who want to take part of learning self defense.

Should we have a self defense class in school?

Do you know self defense, if so what kind of it?

https://educationandbehavior.com/self-defense-to-stop-bullies/

https://www.grabellaw.com/five-reasons-you-should-take-a-self-defense-class.html

https://edu4sure.com/self-defense-learning

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that a self-defense class at school would be very beneficial to all students. As a young adult, there are many instances where self-defense will come necessary in certain situations. School is preparing us for the real world and to become well rounded individuals, and I believe that teaching self-defense is another crucial part of that teaching. 

• I think that there should definately be a self defence class. I personally have not taken any, but I feel like me, along with a lot of other people will feel safer, and we could use it in the future, if we have to. There are so many people who were attacked on the street, but they  didn't know what to do.

• I think there should be a class on self defense. There are a lot of bad people out in the world and I feel like knowing self defense will make it seem safer for people. It would be beneficial for us and our community if we knew a little bit of self defense. A self defense class should at least be an option for teenagers or children. 

• Yeah, I think we should. It would help a lot of kids. In my opinion we need a self defense class more than a geometry or algebra class. It is something that could be useful towards anyone, and you never know when you might need it in real life. 

• I believe that there should be an option for kids and teens to learn self defense in the school. The self defense class would get some teens to resolve there hate and stress towards one another or even the teachers. It would also be away for the teens to get out of there head for a few minutes.

• It wouldn't be a free for all fighting ring it would be a class with a structured standards and levels. If we just led kids have a free for all then it would be a disaster.

• In my opinion, I think we should have self defense class in school. Also I think it good idea because it will help kids to learn how to self defense if something happen. I know little bit of self defense like knowing how to fight back if I needed to.

•  I believe that there should be self defense classes available at school. This class can be benefitual to every student, and even some teachers/staff. Lately, there have been many attacks and instansaces where people have needed to know self defense, but hasn't. Giving these classes is just one more thing that will make our community safer.

• living in a small town makes our community a little safer however there are still dangers to our community. you may never know what could happen learning self defense could just make it safer

• Yes, I believe self defence classes should be held at school, I think everyone should know some sort of self defence. Nobody knows what could happen out there in the real world. Yes, I do know self defence. For many years I was being taught boxing. I started when I was 8 years old in indianapolis indiana. Indiana is a dangerous place. But then again everywhere can be dangerous becuase if a dangerous person came up to you and tried to hurt you, you would not have much defence. Self efence is a split second decision. So yes I feel like everyone should know self defence and it should be required in schools.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker