Militaries have increasingly opened combat roles to women, but there have been some critics warning this will lower standards and effectiveness. There has been historical evidence suggesting integrating women into combat roles would not impact effectiveness, and perhaps even increase it under certain circumstances. There has been study done that Women are more effective in some circumstances than men. Allowing women to serve in combat roles doubles the talent pool for delicate and sensitive jobs that require interpersonal skills not every soldier has. Women should be able to serve in combat roles if they can pass phsyical test like mens can. There is also talk that women are not as physical as most women are.

There are many different pros and cons. That all women are not physically capable like men are. There has been a study that women suffer higher injury rates. Also another con is that getting pregnant can affect the deployability. Another con is that women say they are capable of all of physically, mentally, morally capable of leading combat operations when they're not. Pro is that it gives women leadership and team building skills.

https://sistersinarms.ca/history/women-in-combat-pros-and-cons/

https://www.isidewith.com/poll/1613615491

Do you think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles?

Do you think women are capable to handle all the requirement?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Women being in the combat military should be their choice. I know that in history, people did not want women in the military because they reproduce. I don't think that there are a whole lot of women wanting to be in combat.  That's why I don't think it makes to much of a difference. But yes, I think that they should be allowed to.

• I think that women should be able to serve in combat roles the same as men. I think they should have to through the same training as men do to be able to serve. I don't think that there should be any discrimination about who/who can't serve in combat.

• I think that women should be able to serve in combat roles if they're put in the same things the men have too go through just to be shipped out.  Yes woman are capable of doing everything that they are put too test on.

• I think that women should be allowed to serve in combat roles. They still can be in very good shape and do very well like men do. I don't want to say that there aren't any physical differencec, but I don't think that they should impact your job this much. 

• I think that they should be able to serve in combat roles. However, it all comes down to the persons choice. If a woman wants to then she can. I think that certain people no matter the sex, are capable to handle all the requirements. Regardless of the gender, I am grateful that they are fighting for us.

• I do think that women should be allowed to serve in combat roles but only if they meet the requirements for the role. If they are strong willed and think they can handle the pain that comes with some combat roles then they are capable to handle the requirements.

• I think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles. Women can do what a man can, as long as she puts her mind to it. Although men are typically stronger than women it doesn't mean that women aren't strong at all. It also seems that women tend to work harder because they think they have something to prove.

• I think that it could be their choice but at the same time, if they really want to they can. Now if the woman decides to fight for her country in combat she decides to put her life on the line just as much as any other man. So I think they would be capable but they should also know if they can handle it. 

• I think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles. Just because a woman doesn't have as much muscle or body mass as a man doesn't mean they can't do the same things. Women are just as capable of doing anything a man can do if she puts her mind to it. 

• I think they should be allowed. I think that men do tend to be stronger but, most women are willing to work their hardest so they can serve compat rules. I think that some women will be dedicated enough to do this. I think they could handle it. Personally I could not.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker