I personally think that we should increase regulations to prevent climate change because it is impacting the earth in so many bad ways. Like causing more hurricanes and tropical storms also damaging some of the animal populations around the world. Increasing the environmental regulations around the world would also help with this problem because of pollution like oils in the oceans and all of the excess greenhouse gases in our atmosphere. 

If we don't stop or atleast slow down the climate change our whole world could go down in a spiral in the next couple hundred or years but if we all start doing something maybe the world could live longer than what it might end up being.Also enforcing more regulations would also help animals and their homes and we would be less animal species going extinct.

Do you think we should increase environmental regulations?

If so why?

If not why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think we should do a little to increase environmental regulations, but I'm not sure you are going to be able to do a whole lot. If you try to do anything towards change someone is going to be unhappy. Change is expensive, so companies won't want to change their plastic usage. Not to mention that the people might have a fit as well.

• I dont believe in that. I think the climate always changed and that is a normal process. Maybe humans add something to it but I dont believe in that we could destroy the earth. The earth will exicst way longer than humans life and I think the earth is able to rest again. Otherwise the sun is getting closer and it is told that the earth get eating by the sun, so if the sun gets closer it makes just sense that the earth get warmer and climate changes.

• I think the envirmental regulations should stay how they are becuase if we all went to electric cars, that would be good but some people would not be able to afford them. Lots of people use older vehicles to get to places so they work just fine and they don't have to go buy a new car because the government said so.

• In my opinion, yes, we should, because it is an undeniable fact that we are hurting our environment more than ever, we are giving economy and such matters as an excuse, especially big companies and high ranked rich people and their factories are making a major pollution.

• I agree with this because the rich people think that they can just do what ever they want with no consequences.

• I feel that we should increase environmental regulation because it hurt the environment and us. If we did something then that would have a big impact. But the amount of people that don't believe in climate change will effect that.

• Personally, I think we should increase environmental regulations, but specifically on BIG COMPANIES AND OTHER COUNTRIES. Not small companies. Countries like China are the groups that are producing the most waste, if they don't solve their waste issues then nothing we do will matter because of how grave their production waste issues have become. 

• I definitely think it is a good idea to enforce more regulations for climate change. The world will just contiue to keep having problems and go downhill like you said if we don't fix the problem. I think it might be hard to get everyone to agree to the regulations, but they should at least try.

• I think that if you did enforce more regulations there would be a lot of kick back because of the suprising amount of people who don't believe in climate change. But the idea in theory is a good one, and necessary. Climate change is a big problem that's getting extremely overlooked.

• I agree that there would be lash back and the it i very overlooked.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker