I personally think that we should increase regulations to prevent climate change because it is impacting the earth in so many bad ways. Like causing more hurricanes and tropical storms also damaging some of the animal populations around the world. Increasing the environmental regulations around the world would also help with this problem because of pollution like oils in the oceans and all of the excess greenhouse gases in our atmosphere. 

If we don't stop or atleast slow down the climate change our whole world could go down in a spiral in the next couple hundred or years but if we all start doing something maybe the world could live longer than what it might end up being.Also enforcing more regulations would also help animals and their homes and we would be less animal species going extinct.

Do you think we should increase environmental regulations?

If so why?

If not why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think it would be a really good idea if we increased the environmental regulations. I think this because there are so many easy and simple ways to help not only our environment but our future generations and the animals too. For instance, using other materials instead of nondisposable items or finding ways to use more renewable energy. All in all, I think we need to do something more to help prevent climate change.

• This is a really good statement because if we just do the simple things it could help the earth.

• I think it seems nice to increase environmental regulations, but it could end up being worse in different aspects. For example, now that cars are so reliable, it isn't going to be easy to make changes with how we use them. I know there are alternatives, but there isn't a complete solution yet. I think it is good to keep the earth as clean as possible, but we can only do so much. 

• I agree that there should be some more enviromental regulations put in place to help keep our planet healthy.  I think we should so that global warming does not destroy animals habits and so all the glaciers don't melt. Although it would be hard to just put regulations in place because not everyone thinks there should be more regulations.

• I think we shouldn't increase more regulations. Global warming is real, yes, but you shouldn't make such a big issue out of it. In my opinion we are doing it worster as it really is. Maybe we should just pay a little attention to where we are buying from, and what we buy. That would make a big difference.

• I think we should at least do something about it and not just keep letting it get worse. If we don't do anything to at least help global warming will get worse and will dig ourselves into a bigger hole. We should start to cut down on coal based factories that have lots and large vent stacks on the roofs.

• I agree that we should cut down with coal based factories that put out all of the harmful gases in the atmosphere.

• I think that it would be a good idea to increase environmental regulations. I think this change would be positive for the environment and a negative change for many economies around the world. I believe that environmental regulation would need to be put in effect slowly so they don't hurt the economy which would give companies time to adjust.

• Yes, the government needs to increase the amount of enviromental regulations. Soon, climate change will catch up to us. It's estimated that by 2050 all ice in the ocean will have melted. If we want to save our earth then we need to recycle and do everything we can to prevent it from going any further.

• I think that we should put/increase regualtions more, because the affects of climate change are seeming to be getting worse and worse througout the years. I also think that if we increased these regulations more that it would help decrease the speed of climate change, but I believe that this will be hard for people to do so because that means changing things in peoples everyday lives.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker