I personally think that we should increase regulations to prevent climate change because it is impacting the earth in so many bad ways. Like causing more hurricanes and tropical storms also damaging some of the animal populations around the world. Increasing the environmental regulations around the world would also help with this problem because of pollution like oils in the oceans and all of the excess greenhouse gases in our atmosphere. 

If we don't stop or atleast slow down the climate change our whole world could go down in a spiral in the next couple hundred or years but if we all start doing something maybe the world could live longer than what it might end up being.Also enforcing more regulations would also help animals and their homes and we would be less animal species going extinct.

Do you think we should increase environmental regulations?

If so why?

If not why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that it would be a good idea if we had more regualtions and that it may help pollution and other things that are happening in our environment. There may be a lot of people that agree and disagree on this though so who knows if it would ever happen if not everyone wants more regulations. 

• I do think that it is a good idea to increase regulations on companies so they don't destroy our planet because the Earth is close to death's door. Some ways we could stop this is by regulating how much plastics they can use and electricity company that use fossil fuels should be regulated in how much they can burn or produce so we don't use all of it up.

• Yes I agree with this because the earth is close to just going in a spiral downwards.

• I do believe that we should increase environmental regulations, the affects of climate change are starting to become irreversable. Over the time of the pandemic, when everyone was made to stay inside, the hole in the ozone layer healed, and pollution went down by obvious amounts. The affects of climate change are hurting our planet, if we want somewhere to live, we better take care of it.

• I agree with this statement, it was also a good idea to mention the amount the atmosphere had healed during the pandemic with all of the people staying inside.

• I think more regulations could be put in place to help out the environment but I think it would be hard for everyone to get on board with it simply for the fact that a lot of people wouldn't necessarily agree with it so they would be against it. A lot of costs come with that process too, by raising the standards on that stuft it makes it more expensive especially if they want the regulations increased like that. 

• I think that there are already enough regulations put in place now that biden is in office. Biden entered our country into the Paris agreement which gives our country only allows our country to put out so much pollution. I think that if we find other ways to improve our pollution output then we would be better off.

• I also agree that if we could somehow find a different way to put our pollution than the earth would be better off than it is today.

• I think we should do something to improve environmental regulations, but I don't think you will be able to do much. If you try to do something to change someone will be mad about it. People need to stop worrying so much about this stuff and worry about how they will make it tomorrow.

• I think that it is a good idea to increase more environmental regulations as it would benifit us. But with many people having different opinions I think it would be hard to get everyone to follow or go along with the regulations if they did increase them. Also with the changes comes money which could be expensive for some people.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker