When you’re a kid, your parents pay everything for you, so why shouldn’t you give them a break when you’re in high school? Over 30% of high school students work for at least part of their high school carrer. Most teens in high school are looking for a way to make money, especially when they turn 14, so they can buy a car. However, some teens can see how quickly their hard-earned money evaporates. Teens often have a passion to spend money on unnecessary things, such as video games, snacks and so on. However, they quickly realize that they’re spending more money than they make. Some teens may think it’s not a good idea to work because it takes up too much of their time, especially when they’re supposed to be studying for that important science test that’s coming up. While it’s hard to measure the relationship between working and grades, researchers have found that students who work up to 20 hours a week tend to have lower academic performance. Jobs also have an impact on teens’ social life and school life, which can be good or bad.

Some of them will live to see that it's not so good for teenagers, because it takes a lot of time, while they're supposed to be studying for the big science test that's coming up. This may be detrimental to the achievement of a degree. While it is not easy to measure the link between hours worked and grades, researchers have discovered that students working more than twenty hours a week are experiencing an impairment of their academic performance. A student can have little time to rest if he works and then goes back home for his studies.  Although a job as a teenager can be hard, it also has its good effects, such as teenagers teaching time management.

So you can see how having a job can affect a teen. Well It wouldn't really be a shocker if i told you that 72% percent of teens quit their first job within a year.  A number of studies show that job work has a positive effect on the development of young people. Too much work is not good, and too little work doesn’t show positive results. The best way for young people who do their job is moderate and steady work.  Personally, working as a teenager is kind of good because I get to meet all sorts of new people every time I work there and also see other people that I've met before. Also I like how i get to get tips, like it's always nice to have pocket money, right?

https://ehsscratchingpost.com/1347/feature/what-effects-do-jobs-have-on-teenagers-mental-health/

http://https://evolvetreatment.com/blog/pros-cons-teenage-jobs/

Do you have a job if so where?

Do you think working as a teen is important?

Is carrying money on you a good thing or a bad thing?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I believe that they should have a job, anywhere they can find work. Yes, because it helps teach a teen responsibilty, and making money to support themselves when they grow older. A good thing, as long as you're not carrying a lot of money.

• I do not currently have a job, but I have applied for one and hope to get a job in the future. I think that working as a teen is important because it gives people work experience for when they get older. It also allows them to buy more things with their earned money. I do not believe that carrying money on you is a bad thing because you can use it for emergencies.

• I think teens should have a job. Working and earning money is a very important part of life, and learning lessons with money as a teen is a really important thing. Teens should learn how to earn money as that's what their futures hold. 

• I have at teh Shelby County Golf Course outside of Harlan. I think that working as a teen is vary important. I think having money and learning how to manage it is a good thing when you are young.

• Teens should have a part time job during high school. I think that it would be good practice to have a part time job. One reason is that they get experiance for how to behave in the workplace. And, they are prepared for life outside of school. Some kids might go to collage and during that time period you will probably need a job so you can buy food. And if you have already had a job before, it is easier to find a job and keep it.

• I do have a job because I wanted to buy my own things withoutj asking my parents for money. I think that it is important for teens to have a job because it shows them the importance of money. I think that carrying money on you is a good thing because you can use it for emergencies or maybe even wants.

• I don't have a job but I plan on getting one next year. I think it's important for teens to get jobs so we know what working is like before we have to completely rely on our own income as adults. It's also a way to pay for college or have extra money.

• I personally work two jobs at local businesses in town. I chose to work because I wanted to cover my own small expenses and avoid having to continually ask my parents for money. I also think that having jobs in highschool look good on applications and provide you with work experience/life lessons that are beneficial later on.

• I think that having a job as a teen can be a very helpful lesson for when you start a full time job later in life. I think it can provide many life lesson and can help develop many life skills. However, I think that if a teen works too much, then they can't focus on their studies and they can become more stressed and behind on work. 

• I agree that it helps start in the real world. Stress is not good for teens espeically now days.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker