Should teachers do more group projects?

Me, personally I think that teachers should do more group projects because there's more advantages. Some pros are that it's easier to break tough/difficult tasks. Easier to improve knowledge by discussing the topic.  Also you can develop stronger social skills and social skills are needed in life.  Last but not least, you can learn how to plan and manage time. 

Here's some cons: there's more of a chance for there to be problems since you might be put with someone you don't like. Another con is distributing the work someone might get more than the other ones might get almost nothing to do. Last but not least it would be more time consuming because if you are in a group you need to make discussions and discussions usually take time.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that group projects should be optional and the people in the group should be able to pick who's in their group. I don't like group projects because some people can't keep up with others and everyone has a different pace at which they work.

• I think group projectrs are great for sudents becasue they get to learn hands on and how ot work with people in the real word and not just set and listen or set and do by yourself. I think group projects are a good thing.

• I think that the amount of group projects that teachers do know is good. Working in group projects can be fun if you are working with your friends and everyone is doing an equal amount of work. When students work in a group, some find it easy to slip away and let others do all of the work instead of everyone working together as one.

• I think that we should do both group projects and individual projects. I like group projects because you get to wokr with other people on the topic and don't have as much work to do. On the other hand, sometimes the people you are working with don't do their part and that is frustrating to deal with.

• I think group projects and indiviual projects should be evenly distributed throughout the year. Group projects are more realisitic and can create a lighter workload between partners. On the other hand, individual projects make you be honest with yourself about what you know and hold you accountable to your own work effort.

• I think teachers should do more group projects as long as they are making sure everyone in the group is contributing. I like group projects because it's not as hard and it puts less stress on you. I also think group projects are beneficial because it teaches everyone how to interact with others even if you aren't friends with them. 

• Teachers should assign group projects because when you do a group project you are not only researching and doing your part, you are also socializing, and trying to get to know your members better to create a strong and confident presentation.  Also when you work in groups you will have no questions because everyone will be involved in a conversation that tries to answer a certain topic. 

• I don't like group projects when I can't choose my partners. Normally, when this happens the other members in the group rely on me to do everything and they don't expect to have to do anything. But it can show something you will have to do when we get out of school, having to work with others who you don't like, know, or have anything to do with.

• I think teachers should do more group projects because I think it helps with kids' social lives and I think it also helps kids to be able to socialize. I think the teachers should let the kids pick their groups sometimes but I think the teacher should also pick the groups so the kids will talk to more people.

• I personally think teachers should give out group projects more often. I think they help me learn better I like to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions and a lot of time you can get better clarification working with a group not to mention it helps improve socical skills.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker