Should students have an open campus? First of all, what is an open campus? Open campus is when students have the freedom to go out of school during lunch or during study hall depending on what their principal says. Some schools during the semester test have every grade have open campus but some schools have junior and seniors only have open campus during the semester test. Some schools may not allow open campus during semester tests for any grade at all and I think that it is unfair to the junior and seniors that don’t get open campus because it’s their last year or two years and they can’t have freedom. 

Some people say that there shouldn’t be open campus for every grade because the underclassmen will take it for granted and will ruin it for everyone but I think that they should only have sophomores, juniors, and seniors have open campus but not year-round. I think that sophomores and juniors should have it for 3rd and 4th quarters and not year round and I think that seniors should have it year-round. It also might help the students more and not get so stressed and not having to stay in school for like 7-8 hours. Even though some underclassmen may want it and they might not ruin I still think that they shouldn’t have open campus and it also helps other food stores or restaurants because some students might want something else than school lunch because they might not like the school lunch. 

I believe that people should have a chance but I think that the good underclassmen and know they won’t ruin it for everybody should get open campus during semester tests because I do feel like if every underclassmen get open campus they will ruin it for everyone. I also think that if you have one F you shouldn’t get open campus and work with the teacher to get the grade up at least for you can get open campus. I think some underclassmen are cable of it but some also isn’t cable of it and I think that sophomores can handle it. 

In my opinion, I think that sophomores, juniors, and seniors should have open campus because they can handle it but I think that underclassmen shouldn’t have open campus because some of them will ruin it or can’t handle it and I think that if freshmen do have open campus then I think that the good freshman should have open campus that can handle it but as long as they have good grades and no F’s. I think that if they try to get their grades up then I think that they should get open campus and as long as they have their grades us then they should have open campus. 

Do you think that freshmen should have open campus?

Do you think that students should have open campus during semester tests? 

Should sophomores get open campus during semester tests?

https://grownandflown.com/teens-allowed-open-campus-lunch/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that if the freshman have atleast a C or above they should be able to have open campus. As well as any other grade. I feel that it is fair to them for working so hard earlier in the year that they deserve it. I feel this would show that the school actually cares about their students.

• I agree with you because some students think that the school really doesn't think they're responsible enough so if every grade could get open campus then they can show how responsible really are. 

• I agree because there really is no other way for students to show that they are responsible enough to handle open campus. It'd really help them prove that they are trustworthy and deserving of open campus.

• I agree because if the students will be able to prove that they are responsible then they can have open campus for the next year and they can prove to the teachers that they are responsible enough.

• I agree. I also think that because the student will be able to prove that they are responsible that they could get open campus sooner in the unpcoming years. It would be a tru stress reliever.

• I agree with both of you, If people are responsible now and they keep that then it wont be a big deal in the future because all of the student already have open campus and that make everyone happy.

• I agree with you because in the future then it won't be a big deal and students would be happy that they have open campus during semester test and they can get some fresh air.

• I don't think the changes shouldn't have been made and I definitely don't agree with them, but I can still see why they did it. The more mature students that can handle having an open campus are put down by those who caused us to not have that option. 

• I agree because some students abused this rule and some students weren't really responsible if they had open campus.

• I think that sophmores, juniors, and seniors should be able to have open campus as long as they have good grades. These grades show that they are responsible enough in school to be able to come back for their important lessons. They should also be able to eat what they want for lunch.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker