Should Student Be Able To Carry Guns On Campus?

A handful of states are wondering if student should be able to carry guns at school. Seven states already let people  21 and older to carry, under certain circumstances. Texas is passing a bill to let students carry. More states are considering it. It is a big concern to some people, but some actually like the idea. Students feel like they should have some sort of protection while at school. As of right now, this law is just passing for colleges. The debate may carry for high schools.

I feel like this isn't the greatest idea. I think people may take advantage of it, I have a feeling more shootings will happen if young kids have guns on them. It is for the students to feel protected but I honestly think I would feel less protected?

Questions: Do you think college campuses should let students carry? Would you feel safer if you and your classmates got to carry? 

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think any school should allow weapons honestly. If none are aloud, no one would use them. I think I would feel wayyy less safe knowing everyone has a gun and one could go off at any time.

• Exactly! I would be scared the entire time!! 

• I think that the campuses should let kids carry guns because if a shooter comes into the school the students should be able to protect themselves

• I agreee!

• This reply was deleted.
    • Exaclty. It just doesnt workout like that though. 

• I feel like the instant collages make rules about not letting kids have guns in school, there will be many shootings happening. I don't think that people realize that when you make a rule that you can't have guns, the good people will follow the rules and get rid of them while the bad people will not follow the rules, keeping their guns and realize that the good people have no way of protecting themselves even if there was a mass shooting at school.

• Exaclty! It can be scary going to school for some. 

• I think it is smart to limit it to college students for now because they can see how older students and more mature students deal with it instead of younger students. I think it is a good idea especially if there is a limit of college police or a complete absence of police overall. It is also a good idea for students to attend a class or a seminar that is about firearm safety. If people were more educated on firearms and were use to their presence they would be more comfortable with the idea and the people who carry them. It is better because if someone is carrying it concealed it means that it is somewhat smaller and doesn't have as much ammunition in it and is most likely less lethal. I think that everyone should have to attend firearm safety just like taking the ACT's.

• I think this is so true. I dont think it would be awful idea as long as they are being watched. It could be out of control but having security would help. 

• I don't think they should be able to carry guns, some people get crazy with guns and i'm sure more shootings would happen...

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker