Should steroids be allowed in sports?

Where do I start? There are so many facts and evidence for both sides of steroids being used in sports. Whether they are good or bad. Steroids are drugs that athletes use to boost their strength and their muscle. Using steroids causes many health issues. Steroids are used throughout multiple sports. Anywhere from 20%-90% af the professional athletes use steroids. They come in different ways but they are mostly needles. Steriods are typically used in football at the college level and NFL. 

The negative side of using steroids are health problems later on in life. A few examples of health issues using steroids can cause are heart attacks or strokes, liver and kidney failures, and high cholesterol. There are way more health conditions that go with using steroids, but I'm not going to list them all. A lot of football atheltes in the NFL that use steroids take them before heavy weights and practices. It makes each athlete feel a little stronger as if they can do more thsn they really can. These steroids don't actually make you stronger or faster in any way. A lot of athletes take steroids because it helps build muscle tissue and increases body mass. They act as a hormone called testosterone.

I don't think steroids should be used in sports because even though there are health problems caused by them, that isn't my reasoning. My reasons are that steroids only make you look huge in sports. It doesn't change who you are or what you can do in these sports. Only you can get better at each sport by practicing. Using steroids is just gonna end up hurting you when you least expect it. I also think steroids should not be used in sports because of the unfair advantages it could give someone agaist someone else who doesn't use them. I'll give an example. If you follow in the NFL then you should know Ray Lewis. It would be like lining up Ray Lewis against any other highschool football player. That's what steroid users in professional sports looks like against the non-users. Other than my reasons they shouldn't be used, players are still probably going to use them anyway.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic chooic and summary Gideon! Be sure to list your sources and comment more frequently(commented three times).

• Steroids shouldn't be allowed in sports because I think it gives an unfair advantage to those who don't use steroids and steroids are basically classifyed as a drug and you should also just practice more instead of using a steroid.

• I believe that steriods shouldn't be used in sports because of the unfair advantage they cause and because of the health issues that are possible. Allowing these advantages could cause more injuries overall and aren't worth it in the end.

• I don't think the steroids should be used it sports because it I think its considered cheating a little bit because it can get you stronger faster and gives you an advantage in any of the sports you play and it could also give you health problems.

• I don't think steroids should be allowed in sports because it gives that person an advantage in sports. Steroids users then will have a better chance at getting health proablems if they continue to take them. Steroids doesn't let the people then show their true ability. 

• I dont think that steirods should be used in sports considering the health risks and the fact it just isnt fair in competeing because they are in proficational sports becuase of their raw talent and the way that they know how to play their sport and adding steirods to it is just adding a competitive advantige.

• I don't think steroids should be allowed in sports, it's too unsafe for players health and can be an unfair advantage. Steroids can also be counted as cheating because they can cause a boost in performance for the athlete. It is also unfair for athletes who choose not to use them.

• I strongly agree,  I think using steirods are a way to get health problems really quick. I know people take them for health reasons. But I think using them for sports should not be allowed. It is creating a unfair and dangeras advantige. 

• I completely agree, I believe that they should not be used in sports, the people who use them have a considerable advantage over their rivals and not only that, in addition to not giving their true potential, these will bring them serious consequences in the not so long future.

• I don't think steroids should be allowed in sports because it give the person who takes the steroids an unfair advantage over the people who aren't. However, If sports allowed steroids everyone would use them, so there is no unfair advantage but athletes could develop health problems from taking them.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker