Should steroids be allowed in sports?

Where do I start? There are so many facts and evidence for both sides of steroids being used in sports. Whether they are good or bad. Steroids are drugs that athletes use to boost their strength and their muscle. Using steroids causes many health issues. Steroids are used throughout multiple sports. Anywhere from 20%-90% af the professional athletes use steroids. They come in different ways but they are mostly needles. Steriods are typically used in football at the college level and NFL. 

The negative side of using steroids are health problems later on in life. A few examples of health issues using steroids can cause are heart attacks or strokes, liver and kidney failures, and high cholesterol. There are way more health conditions that go with using steroids, but I'm not going to list them all. A lot of football atheltes in the NFL that use steroids take them before heavy weights and practices. It makes each athlete feel a little stronger as if they can do more thsn they really can. These steroids don't actually make you stronger or faster in any way. A lot of athletes take steroids because it helps build muscle tissue and increases body mass. They act as a hormone called testosterone.

I don't think steroids should be used in sports because even though there are health problems caused by them, that isn't my reasoning. My reasons are that steroids only make you look huge in sports. It doesn't change who you are or what you can do in these sports. Only you can get better at each sport by practicing. Using steroids is just gonna end up hurting you when you least expect it. I also think steroids should not be used in sports because of the unfair advantages it could give someone agaist someone else who doesn't use them. I'll give an example. If you follow in the NFL then you should know Ray Lewis. It would be like lining up Ray Lewis against any other highschool football player. That's what steroid users in professional sports looks like against the non-users. Other than my reasons they shouldn't be used, players are still probably going to use them anyway.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I do not think that steroids should be allowed in sports. Taking steroids gives you an advantage, this could give them a higher chance to win or do better than all of the others that are playing/racing. They are given extra energy that could help them play longer, faster, or better, than they would be without steroids.

• I don't think that steroids should be allowed in sports because it gives them a boost and leaves other players at a disadvantage and not be fair. It doesn't show your true strength when you are playing because you are playing with a boost that makes you do things better than other players. It won't ever show your real talent so it shouldn't be allowed then.

• I don't think that steroids should be allowed in sports. I don't think that it would be fair for the other players competing against the players using steroids. I don't think it would be very fun to watch because only certain players would dominate over the others.

• I don't think steroids should be allowed in sports at all. It gives the players a much higher competitive advantage, and would make it unfair to the other team/players. If they wanted to improve, they should do it the natural way, like practicing more.

• I think that steriods should not be allowed to be used in sports. Although they could add to the competition and performance of players, but they are not good for your health. Players who don't want to take them would feel pressure to take them to and coaches could not want the athletes who don't take them.

• I think we should allow steriods or enhancedments becuase of entertainment resons it would be cool to have again in the ufc, its not healthy for the players or athletes but they are putting their health at risk thats their decision 

• You always see someone in the gym that is just to big and it kind of takes away from you and everything that you put in to get bigger. Not only that but steroids are not healthy for anyone and i don't get how people put that in there body.

• I think that steroids in sports should not be allowed. They give a competitive edge to the sport that normal people in the sport do not have. I think that everyone in a sport should be normal and not juiced. If people are making the competition more intense by doing unnarural things, the sport is becoming less real. 

• I believe that steroids should not be allowed in sports it gives every player an unfair advantage in the sport and gives players of the sport more muscle which causes them to become stronger which can lead to worse injuries to players. 

• I think that steriods should not be allowed in sports. They give athletes an unfair adavntage it physical atributes which makes it unfair. Steriods are also a big risk to athletes health and are not worth in the end.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker