Should Schools Have Charging Stations in the Classroom?

Do you keep forgetting to charge your computer at home? Many students would enjoy having charging stations at school, However many teachers would not. There are many pros and cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. Who's side of this topic should schools support?

There are many pros to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then every student would have a charged computer. Also if there were chargers in a classroom environment students would not be required to charge their computers at home. Another reason having computer chargers in the classroom would be a good thing is that the school would have no need to give chargers out to students and then the school would not have to worry about students losing or breaking chargers as much.

However, There are also many cons to having computer chargers in the classroom environment. If there were chargers in the classroom environment then most students would be taking advantage of it and there would be so many chargers that people could trip over the chargers and get hurt. Also the amount of electricity it would take during the school day to charge everyone's computers would be immense and could cause electrical fires, power outages and massive electrical bills. Also it could make teachers only sit at their desks, for it would be hard to get across the classroom to help a student or teach face to face.

In my opinion, I think having chargers in the classroom would be a great idea. I am somebody who forgets to charge their computer at night and it would be very nice to see the school make some changes for those types of students. Also, since schools are very tech run, it would be a good change in my opinion as the world goes into technology more and more. I think that schools will eventually do this because schools will start to see students' grades drop just because they don't have a charged computer for the school day.

All in all, there are many pros and cons to having chargers and charging stations in classrooms. Many students would be happy with this change, although many teachers would not be happy with this change. Charging stations would be a very unique addition to the classroom environment, however, is this addition worth the effort?

Do you think having charging stations should be placed into classrooms?

Would you use a charging station if they were in the classroom?

How would this new addition help you?

https://blog.tripplite.com/why-does-your-school-need-classroom-charging-stations

https://www.bretford.com/blog/why-are-charging-stations-necessary-in-a-classroom/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, I Think that charging stations should be in class rooms because their are a lot of student you need their computer charged and nobody in the class has a charger. I personally almost always charge my computer at my home so I would not use the charging station that much but I know a lot of students will. I think it would help me because I can tell student where to go to charge their computer.

• I do think that charging stations in classrooms could help some students, but I'm not sure it's worth the money. Everybody is told in middle school that taking care of your computer is your responsibility, and this includes charging it. If you forget to charge your computer at night, you should make sure to bring your charger. Then again, I would not use the charging stations because I don't forget to charge my computer at night.

• I think that there should be charging stations in classrooms. It can always happen that you forget to charge your computer or you are using your computer more often during the day and it runs low on battery towards the end of the day. Then, it would be very benefitial to have chargers available, so you can still participate with your computer in class. 

• I think that having a charging station would help lots of students. There are more and more students that need their computers charged and don't have their chargers. I think that this would help a lot of people, but this could cause more problems and kids just not charging their computers at all.

• I do think that classrooms should have charging stations but I don't think that they are necessary in every room. I think that the stations would be beneficial for the students who forgot or need their computer charged. Although it could become a problem if students know they could charge their computers and school instead of home, so they stop and only charge during school. 

• I know a lot of people have problems charging their computers at home and would rather do it in class. I normally remember and when I forget I just bring my charger to school. But having a charging station could eliminate the problem of having students not be able to use their computers in class or something else. 

• I totally agree with your opinion, I forget to charge my computer all the time and having stations in classrooms would be a big help.

• I think charging stations should be in classrooms because they might need to charge their computers because they might have something important they need to look at. Some students have to go across the room to charge their computers because they forgot to charge it last night and their computer might die.

• I totally agree that it would be nice to have them especially if the class is doing something important in the classroom, would you use them if they were in the classroom though?

• Yes, because some kids do not wanna plug there laptops in at home because they forget about it, or they just dont want too. I think this would help because teachers wouldnt complain as much and kids would also have a charged computer for class.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker