Should Private Schools be Government Funded?

Should private schools be government funded? This is a rising debate, especially in Iowa. Recently, Governor Reynolds proposed a plan to help students pay for private school tuition. In this bill, she also proposed that all public school must have online resources available to assist in their education. These resources include course syllabuses, course materials, and available library books online. I think that these resources could really benefit students, especially those who need some extra help in their classes.

If private schools were government funded, it could help the students who would like a private education but can’t afford it be able to get the education they want. I believe that if a student is eligible for a private school, that they should be able to attend if that is in their best interest. Most private schools already have scholarship programs in place, but sometimes those scholarships don’t amount to much compared to how expensive a private education costs. I believe that this bill could help a lot of low income families that just need a little bit of extra help to get their child the education they need.

Do you believe that private schools should be government funded?

Do you think added resources could help you achieve better grades?

https://governor.iowa.gov/basic-page/providing-educational-choice-and-transparency-for-iowa-families 

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2022/02/02/debate-gov-kim-reynolds-private-school-choice-education-bill/9306842002/ 

https://www.kcci.com/article/gov-kim-reynolds-moves-forward-with-plan-to-use-state-money-to-pay-for-private-tuition/38946883

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think that private schools should be government funded because if you want that type of education you should have to work for it like get scholarships. If you aren't fnancially stable enough to go to a private school, you probably shouldn't go to one. It would also mean higher taxes. 

• I personally dont think that private schools should be funded by the government because that would mean there would be higher taxes.  People that want to go the a private school could try to get scholarships.

• I think that private schools should not be government funded because it means that there will be higher taxes. If the student wants to go to a privaate school they should finacially ready becaue it is way more expensive then a public school. I do think that they should give more scholerships so the people who want to move on to college doesn't have to work a full time job to pay their depts. 

• I do not think that privat schools should be funnded by the governemnt because that would mean higher taxes. If someone wants to go to a privat school and does not have the money, then they can always try to get a scholarship. I do think that resources can give you a better education. 

• I agree completely. I believe that private schools should offer better scholarships, and the government shouldn't have to help fund them because of tuition and fundraisers. The resources could help students get better grades and achieve scholarships for college.

• I don't think private schools should be government-funded. Government funding makes the place a government-owned building and would just make those "private" schools public schools because of what they get with funding. I do think that more scholarships should be given for private schooling though.

• I do not think that private schools should be private. I think that if you don't want to pay for school you can simply go to a public school which has a great education. I do think that they should give more scholarships for people who come from one because they can be struggling financially.

• I completely agree. Once the government gives private schools money, there is no way to track where that money goes. Scholarships should be offered, but only for those who truly need it and feel strongly that their child deserves a private education.

• I do not think that private schools should be funded by the government. If parents have a problem with private school not being funded they should just send their kids to public schools since they pay taxes to fund schools.  But for those who really want to attend private schools I think they should offer more scholarships to help those who are struggling financially.

• I agree. I believe that if governments want to provide scholarships then that is fine, but I don't believe that the government should just gove private schools random money. This is because the government can't regulate what the private schols dowith the money once they give it to the schools. Also, private schools don't have to follow the same rules that public schools do, so it would be unfair if they got extra funding.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker