Should passing periods be longer?

Should passing periods be longer? Currently, in Harlan schools the passing periods are 3 minutes long, is that enough? Many kids are late to class due to only having 3 minutes to get to their next class and use the bathroom. Many students abuse passing periods by skipping in the bathrooms and then wanting to be excused. I agree with teachers that if students are going to the bathroom every period they shouldn't have the privilege of longer passing periods.

The kids that responsibly use the bathrooms and don't use it every period should have the privilege of more extended passing periods. But students that are constantly tardy because they don't have enough time shouldn't have consequences. I think passing periods should be 5 minutes long because students usually pack up and get ready about 2 minutes before class ends.

I personally think that passing periods should be longer, it is definitely a good discussion.

https://trojaneer.com/

How long do you think the passing periods should be?

Are 3 minutes enough for a passing period?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think passing periods should be around 5 minutes long, 3 minutes is cutting it a little close and with more time to get to class then there is more time to go to the bathroom without taking up any class time. so I think passing periods should be 5 minutes long.

• I've always found that 3 minutes is long enough time to make it to the next class. If the school was bigger and there were more people, I could see how you would want it to be longer. But for Harlan, I think 3 minutes is enough time to make it to the next class. 

• I think that passing periods should be at least 5 minutes. In Germany, we have 5-10min passing periods and I really like it. It gives you enough time to get to your next room, use the restroom and prepare for your next class. Furthermore, I also think that it would make the teaching more effective because you don't have to wait for students getting to their next class. 

• I agree that passing periods should be at least 5 minutes long. This would allow students to have more time to go to the bathroom and not getting late to the next class. I also think it is the perfect time so people don't do things they shouldn't but they have enough time.

• I do agree that passing periods should be longer and who is really paying attention during those last few minoutes of class? The only reason I would say no to longer passing piriods, is because our "awesome" new principal would probably take more time off of our lunch periods which we already have barely enough time to eat as it is.

• Passing periods are fine now, maybe they could be approved by a extra mintute so we are not in such a big hurry while going from class to class. I usally do not have a problem going to class to class unless i am travling from locker room all the way to upstairs room.

• Yes, I think that passing periods should be longer. It would allow students have more time to use the restroom and not get late to the next class. Students could also talk to any teacher or student and not be late. In my opinion 5 minutes would be the perfect passing period time. 

• Yes, I think that the passing periods should be a little longer. If you make the passing periods longer than you have to make the class periods shorter. In my opion the passing period should be either 4-5 minutes. 3 minutes isn't enough time to get from class to class.

• I think passing periods should be 6 minutes long because It would give people enough time to use tne restroom. Also, It would give kids more time to talk to buddies and what not.

• I agree, passing periods should at least be 5 minutes long.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker