Should Parents track their kids?

Should  parents track their kids' location and know where they are all the time? We all know about how technology is advancing. There's multiple apps that parents can always see where their kids are and their driving history and their phone usage. Those apps include Life360, FamiSafe, Gokid, FindMy and multiple more. There are pros and cons to these apps. 

The pros of these apps are the safety features that they have. Knowing where your kids are all the time and being able to make sure they're safe is so nice, especially in the world we are living in today. Some of these apps detect when you get into a crash and notify the people who have your location and the police. Another pro is that it holds accountability when kids know they are being tracked they do way less things that they shouldn't do. Lastly it gives parents peace not always worrying if your kid made it home. 

However there are cons to having parents track your location. It can hurt the trust between the kid and parent, trust is always something that needs to be earned but not trusting your kid can really strain your location with your kid.  Also these apps are not 100 percent accurate and can get kids in trouble for a glitch on the app. Growing up kids want to have their own independence and if parents are always tracking their kids then kids want to just do what they want because their parents already don't trust them. 

I think there's pros and cons of tracking. But overall I think its parents not trusting their kids when they should and it will strain the kids relationship with their parents.However, it could also be good just for the safety aspect of these apps. 

Do you think parents should track their kids?

Do you have a tracking app on your phone?

If so, What app?

https://www.brightcanary.io/to-track-or-not-to-track-weighing-the-pros-and-cons-of-using-location-tracking-on-your-child/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree once trust is broken then its hard to get it back 

• This is a really good point if you lose your parents trust they are more likely to get an app so then they can track you but if you get back there trust then they are more likey it get you off the app that is tracking you.

• I think that parents should have the option to track their kids. I think this because then their parent knows where their kid is without worrying and thinking that something might have happened to them. I have Life 360 on my phone, so my mom always knows where I am.

• I agree as it is an option beacause many parents have those apps and can track their kid for saftey reasons

• I have had Life360 with my parents ever since I could drive, but I don't think that they are that worried. I personally think that it should be up to the parent to decide if they want to track their kids. Some parents are more concered about their kid's safety than compared to others, and I think that is fine.

• I agree having life360 while driving for saftey is very nice

• In my opinion, most kids shouldn't need to be tracked if they follow the rules and curfews assigned to them. However, if a kid isn't following the curfews and the parents don't know where they are on many occasions, then having a tracking app can be justified. For me personally, I do not have a tracking app on my phone.

• I agree parents need to have trust in there kids and if they break the trust with there parents then they should

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree, if kids dont talk to there parents then parents won't ever know where there kid is without having there location.

• I would personally say that tracking your kids of  would be a good way of keeping them out of trouble and making sure they are making good choices while the parenst are away or not with them. I personally do not have a tracking app installed on my phone.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker