Should Parents track their kids?

Should  parents track their kids' location and know where they are all the time? We all know about how technology is advancing. There's multiple apps that parents can always see where their kids are and their driving history and their phone usage. Those apps include Life360, FamiSafe, Gokid, FindMy and multiple more. There are pros and cons to these apps. 

The pros of these apps are the safety features that they have. Knowing where your kids are all the time and being able to make sure they're safe is so nice, especially in the world we are living in today. Some of these apps detect when you get into a crash and notify the people who have your location and the police. Another pro is that it holds accountability when kids know they are being tracked they do way less things that they shouldn't do. Lastly it gives parents peace not always worrying if your kid made it home. 

However there are cons to having parents track your location. It can hurt the trust between the kid and parent, trust is always something that needs to be earned but not trusting your kid can really strain your location with your kid.  Also these apps are not 100 percent accurate and can get kids in trouble for a glitch on the app. Growing up kids want to have their own independence and if parents are always tracking their kids then kids want to just do what they want because their parents already don't trust them. 

I think there's pros and cons of tracking. But overall I think its parents not trusting their kids when they should and it will strain the kids relationship with their parents.However, it could also be good just for the safety aspect of these apps. 

Do you think parents should track their kids?

Do you have a tracking app on your phone?

If so, What app?

https://www.brightcanary.io/to-track-or-not-to-track-weighing-the-pros-and-cons-of-using-location-tracking-on-your-child/ 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that parents should track their kids, even if they trust them. What if something happens to you and you need someone to be able to find you? I have two tracking apps on my phone, Life 360 and FIndMy. I don't have a problem with having these because I shouldn't be doing anything worth my parents tracking me.

• I agree with you parents tracking kids is very important escpcially in todays society and being a girl has risks.

• I think parents should track their kids or at least find a way to find out where they are just in case they get taken or lost. Yes, I have an app that shares my location with my mom. I have life 360 and I think it works alright but I think it also has a few problems with it.

• I agree with you parents should have a way to find out where there kids are for the saftey part of it.

• My parents make me have life 360. It dosent really bother me I think it is best for them to know where I am. My parents didint get the app because they didint trust me it was more of a saftey thing ecpesially when I started driving myself to dance practices in denison.

• I agree having it fora saftey feature is nice so they know where I am if I crash or something.

• I have life 360 with my parents. I think parents should track there kids so they know where there at and just to make sure there safe. But I also think that they shouldn't because then I feel like they don't trust me.

• I agree with you theres both sides of the argument and there points to both sides.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker