Should LGBTQ members be allowed to adopt?

From 1977 to 2010 all 50 of our state's debated on whether or not to let LGBTQ members and same-sex relationships adopt, in 1977 the first state to let same-sex partners become parents was New Jersey, and the last state in 2010 was Florida. Several other states continue to ban adoption for same-sex Partners who have not married being that same-sex Partners could still not adopt because LGBTQ marriage was not legal, queer marriage first became legal in 2004. 

It has been proven that homosexual parents are more motivated more involved and more committed to being parents than heterosexual parents. Lots of homosexual parents form a more stable relationship with their kids Giving a kid a more secure and more emotionally stable home. Children feel safer When they're not judged by their parents and are more likely to open up and talk about things that are going on. homosexual parents are more likely to judge or to be more open and listening to their kids because they know what it is like to be judged and shamed.

An estimated number of over two million LGBTQ people are looking to adopt in the united states. A little over 117,000 are waiting to be adopted. The Percent of opposite-sex couples that are Likely to adopt is about 1.1 % compared to the  3.1% of same-sex. Overall there's no doubt in my mind that LGBTQ members should always be allowed to adopt.

Should LGBTQ members be allowed to adopt? 

If you say no why not?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Secilia,

Good topic choice that is intersting! I do think your summary could be expaned a bit by including more of your voice. You also throw out facts but don't use sources to back it up. Be sure to do that next time by mentioning and listing your sources.  The bigger issue is that you didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 30 points.

• i agree because they should give everyone a chance to have a kid and be parents. It shouldn't matter what gender you are or anything if they want to be happy let them.

• I 100% agree with this because every one deserves a chance at having a family. More LGBTQ couples are willing to adopt and are more likely to execpt the kid they way they are because they have been threw the same things growing up.

• I agree but also dissagree, here's why yes they should be able to have a kid of their own and adopt but also if they do that the parents might start to push the gender thing on the kid and force them to turn into a cross gender which leads to more garbage that we dont need in the world and more protests.

• I agree because everyone should have a chance to have a family of thier own. Why should sexuality make a diffirance?

• I think that same sex couples or LGBTQ shouldn't be able to adopt because they will make the child or children belief that they have to be LGBTQ. Some of the parents will make the child beliefs. Some of those beliefs will make the child be bullied in school or have other kids look at them differently. 

• I think that the LGBTQ should be able to adopt, just because they like the same sex or whatever they like they should still get the chance to have children to. Yes their child may be looked at differently by other children because of their parents but that doesn't matter that much, as long as the adoptive child is in a safe and caring home.

• I agree with Weston. Gay people should not be able to adopt. Homosexual couples should not have kids because they will be taught false beliefs and not know how to function. If they really want kids they will be straight. The last thing we need is future generations being taught stuff like this. Adopted children want a regular home just like the rest of us. It would be well worth the wait for the kid to find actual parents.

• I think that they should be able to but they must know that their adoptive kid could get bullied and have a hard time. being a gay parent also woulkd be hard on the kid i think just because they are already having a hard life and having gay parents might make them feel like outcasts or more of an outcast.

• They should never be able to adopt. Kids that are adopted almost always have a bad history and the last thing they need is gay parents influencing them. Being gay is a choice and if you want kids then you need to do it the right way. Kids that are being adopted need a safe, clean, enviroment and need to be able to make their own decisions. People need to go back to their roots and learn to live simple lives and do things how God created us to.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker