Should Hats Be Allowed In School?

Should Students be allowed to wear hats in school?

There was a poll done by a school asking their students if they should be allowed to wear hats in school 79.5% said yes other 20.5% said no. You should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not a distraction to class learning or if it is an inappropriate lagune or something on the hat that would be distracting to students learning.

I really do believe that you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it isn’t affecting your learning or other people's learning. Hats can be used to wear with an outfit you are wearing and students feel more comfortable wearing hats because then they don't have to get judged by other students for their hair or whatever it could be. If it is during the winter and it is cold in the school some people may be cold and would want to wear a hat, as long as you aren’t messing around with the hat and distracting other students with it you should be able to wear a hat. If it is distracting you or other students if the teachers ask you to take it off then take it off. Wearing hats wouldn't be a probably if people did mess around with them. Some people just like to wear hats because they do all the other times when they are not in school.

So personally I think you should be able to wear hats in school as long as it is not distracting your learning or other peoples learning then you should be able to if you are not and as long as it is school appropriate the hat is.

So do you think hats should be allowed in school?

Do you think hats shouldn't be allowed in school?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that hats should be allowed in school.  Some teachers say its disrespectful to wear hats in school. But in my opinoin its just weird to dress like things that are not human such as cats, dogs, elfs, etc. I think that is just weird and not right in many ways. I think that people like that cause more attention to themselves than someone wearing a hat. 

• I think that hats should be allowed because they do not cause any distraction. I don't how hats distract teachers or students from teaching or learning. If it does end being a distraction then teachers can take the hat away but other than that hats aren't distracting at all. 

• I think that hats in school should be allowed. As long as hats are not a distraction to the student as well as the other students around them, being worn should be up to the people wearing them. If cat and dog collars can be worn by students in school there is no reason that people should not be able to wear hats. 

• I think that hats should be allowed in school if they do not cause a distraction. I personally dont think that hats cause a big distraction and should be allowed. I think that if it becomes a distraction the teachers or principal should be able to take the hat away. 

• I think that hats should be allowed in school but if they start becoming a distraction then they can be taken away. I also know there is a lot of worry because of hats can cover a person's face. Teachers won't be able to clearly see a student's expression. However, that shouldn't prohibit us from wearing them. 

• I think that wearing hats in schools should be allowed, unless the hat distracts someone from learning or distracts the class. Personaly, I think that wearing hats doesn't really cause that much of a distraction to students. Also, during the winter, some people could be cold and they might want to wear a hat to keep them warm. 

• I think that hats should be allowed to wear in school. I don't see any reason why a simple head should distract students from studying. I think you should be able to wear what you feel most comfortable in and that might include a hat. Of ourse, only as long as it doesn't interrupt the learning environment. 

• I think that students should be allowed to wear hats in school. As it gets colder some people like to wear hats I don't think its that big of a deal to wear a hat in school.Its just like another peice of clothing your wearing its not like your gonna play around with the clothes you wear.

• Ill be honest I dont disagree or agree. I can see where they could be a distraction and where kids will mess with them not pay any attention in class. I also get where kids feel more relaxed with them like there them selfs. But in a lot of schools there made to get you ready for the work place and I can see where they wouldnt want to deal with the issuse's.

• I think that students should be allowed to wear hats in school. In winter months hats are a necesity, so students should be allowed to have them. As long as there isn't any bad words or inappropriate things on it, it should be fine. If they are messing with the hat and distracting other students, I think that the teacher should be allowed to take it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker